View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RioFL
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:25 am    Post subject: Remote Desktop? Reply with quote

Sorry about the double post in the last msg. I got a server error returned and re-posted the msg thinking it didnt accept it the first time.

What I would like to do is assign a virtual desktop from my main machine to become a 'viewport' to my second machine's desktop. Not just "pushed programs" I want the entire desktop as I would see it from that second machine's monitor, and to be able to use it as if it were local.

That way I can have, say 8 desktops set up on my main machine, the 8th one would be the desktop from my 2nd machine and to be able to use it as if I were sitting at it. Or my second and least favorite choice would be a virtual console key, like F11 or something.

The machines run identical resolutions, color depths, keyboards and mouse and are networked via a gigabit ethernet so no prob for speed.

Can this be done?

Chuck
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean like this?

And don't worry about multiple posts. Either you delete them yourself or one of the moderators cleans up after you. This is a world class forum, you know. 8)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: