Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
My 32bit xine package with win32/RP codecs.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: My 32bit xine package with win32/RP codecs. Reply with quote

This is a segregated curl, xine-lib, xine-ui, win32codecs, and realplayer codecs, that installs to /32bit. This keeps it entirely seperate from the system and it's libraries, so you can have a 64bit xine with DVD support in the normal system and use that as often as possible. You'll just need to configure your file manager to open asf, wmv, and real media files with /32bit/bin/xine. I believe you need only emul-linux-x86-xlibs and emul-linux-x86-qtlibs, but I have all the emul-linux-x86 packages installed on my system. You of course need your kernel setup correctly to run 32bit apps

I'm not an ebuild writer, so if someone wants to write an ebuild for this, I'd be thankful.

Here's how to install it. First grab the file http://www.tittel.net/xine32.tar.bz2 and cd to / and unpack it.
Code:
cd /
tar -xvjpf xine32.tar.bz2

now we need to setup ldconfig to find curl. create the file /etc/env.d/69curl and put this in it.
Code:
LDPATH=/32bit/lib

and now run env-update and ldconfig. you might also need to add /32bit/bin to your user's PATH.

Now run /32bit/bin/xine, go to the settings, and set the win32codecs path to /32bit/codecs/win32, and then the real player codecs to /32bit/codecs/RPcodecs.

Now you can configure your file manager to open up asf, wmv, and real media files with /32bit/bin/xine, and still emerge a 64bit xine for everything else.

Some of these steps might be unnecessary, but I wanted to be sure things were setup right. I haven't updated my 32bit install to gcc 3.4.1, but my 64bit install is running 3.4.1. So these were all compiled by hand with gcc 3.3.4 and with the cflags and cxxflags as "-march=athlon-xp -pipe -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer" since I didn't want to get too out there with the cflags. The package versions are curl-7.12.0, xine-lib-1-rc5, xine-ui-0.99.2, the realplayer 8 codecs, and win32codecs-20040427.

Last edited by paulisdead on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
rlemaste
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: No luck with windows codecs Reply with quote

I installed this and followed the directions you provided but I am unable to play .wmv files. I get the following errors:

wine/module: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: wmv8ds32.ax, 32bit/codecs/win32/wmv8ds32.ax, /usr/lib/win32/wmv8ds32.ax, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmv8ds32.ax
Warning: DS_Filter() could not open DirectShow DLL. (DLL=wmv8ds32.ax, r=0x0)
Failed to create DirectShow filter
wine/module: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: wmvdmod.dll, 32bit/codecs/win32/wmvdmod.dll, /usr/lib/win32/wmvdmod.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmvdmod.dll
IMediaObject ERROR: 0x5624a12a could not open DMO DLL (0x0 : 0)
Failed to create DMO filter

Any ideas on how I can correct this?

Thanks
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too sure. Can it open other files, or even other wmv files?
tarzan420
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me for being dense, but what exactly is curl included for?

I will have to look at doing this with mplayer when I get my opteron box...
creyato
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

SWEET!! thnx a bunch dude!! this worked perfectly for me and now i can play more than a dvd,mpg,avi! kickass - i bow down to you almighty one! :lol:

great work! :D
creyato
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

on another thought... could you also make mplayer and mplayerplug-in install like that? i want to watch videos in firefox-bin...

thnx again for that great xine port!

EDIT: or better yet, someway that 32bit xine you made have something where you can have all those codecs be played through firefox-bin
rlemaste
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can open AVI and MPG files, but no WMV.

Thanks
creyato
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlemaste wrote:
I can open AVI and MPG files, but no WMV.

Thanks

meh, i just got home and tried it with WMV, QT, etc and they dont work :(
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: No luck with windows codecs Reply with quote

rlemaste wrote:
I installed this and followed the directions you provided but I am unable to play .wmv files. I get the following errors:

wine/module: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: wmv8ds32.ax, 32bit/codecs/win32/wmv8ds32.ax, /usr/lib/win32/wmv8ds32.ax, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmv8ds32.ax
Warning: DS_Filter() could not open DirectShow DLL. (DLL=wmv8ds32.ax, r=0x0)
Failed to create DirectShow filter
wine/module: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: wmvdmod.dll, 32bit/codecs/win32/wmvdmod.dll, /usr/lib/win32/wmvdmod.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmvdmod.dll
IMediaObject ERROR: 0x5624a12a could not open DMO DLL (0x0 : 0)
Failed to create DMO filter

Any ideas on how I can correct this?

Thanks

I looked a bit closer at your error, and noticed there's not a forward slash in front of the codec path, it should be /32bit/codecs/win32. So make sure that you set the codec folders correctly.

I would have liked to have been able to set it up to use the codecs in there by default, but that's set in the ~/.xine/config so I couldn't do that (if you got xine-ui you can just use it's settings and not modify the config file by hand).

Also, I got no idea what curl is, but a 32bit xine will bitch and not startup if you don't have a 32bit curl for it, so that's why I included it.
rlemaste
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I corrected the codec path and it corrected the problem.

It's amazing how much better things work when you configure them correctly. : :D. This worked and so far every format I've tried is working.

Thanks for putting this together for us. :)
[/quote]
Gelfling
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried compiling a 32-bit version but I have found that the when I tried the 64-bit version of xine I was able to play dixv files but there's no audio. I tried the alsa option but it still plays divx and dvd's without audio. Mplayer plays these same files with no problem, too bad mplayer doesn't have dvd menu support.
Phanbox64: MSI K8N Neo2, AMD Athlon64 3500+, ATI Radeon 9800XT, Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2 1024MB SDRAM, 2 WD 74GB Raptors & 120GB SATA HD, Audigy2 ZS, Plextor PX-708A DVD-/+RW, Pioneer DVD-106S DVD-ROM, CoolerMaster WaveMaster Case
murphydog
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm having a bit of trouble getting this to work. I followed your instructions and i have all the emul libraries installed (i think) but:

Code:
bash-2.05b# /32bit/bin/xine
/32bit/bin/xine: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have openssl (i think thats where the lib comes from) installed in 64bits.
Do i need a 32bit version? or do i just need to create some link or other somewhere?
Thanks for any help.

Richard
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have all the emul-linux packages installed on my system and it works fine, like I said at the top of the thread. Install these and it should work, emul-linux-x86-baselibs, emul-linux-x86-gtklibs, emul-linux-x86-qtlibs, emul-linux-x86-sdl, emul-linux-x86-xlibs. i've got the nvidia one installed too, but that's only needed for games. That's probably where the problem is. I know I have openssl in my /emul folder from these packages.
ultraViolet
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much ! It's working flawless for me ! Even for the mkw using RV10 codecs !! :lol:
astronic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Server down Reply with quote

Good evening Gentooists,

I can't download the file (the HTTP request times out), but would really love to get it.
If someone who already downloaded it could provide it by any means, I'd appreciate it.

TIA,
Stefan.

EDIT: I managed to download the file from another machine (I still can't do it from this one), so I'm not in need any more. With paulisdead's permission I'd like to mirror the file, since the current server is neither reliable nor fast. And BTW: Great work, it runs like a charm.
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirror it away. And ya, it's just my friend's server, so ya probably not the most reliable.
astronic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulisdead wrote:
mirror it away. And ya, it's just my friend's server, so ya probably not the most reliable.

Most certainly not. :)

For all of you having trouble downloading, try http://www.tittel.net/xine32.tar.bz2.

BTW: Can I put the files from your archive anywhere else without recompiling (for example to /opt/xine32)?

Regards,
Stefan.
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astronic wrote:
paulisdead wrote:

Most certainly not. :)

For all of you having trouble downloading, try http://www.tittel.net/xine32.tar.bz2.

BTW: Can I put the files from your archive anywhere else without recompiling (for example to /opt/xine32)?

Regards,
Stefan.

I don't think so, since they were all built with ./configure --prefix="/32bit" but you might be able to try it and see what happens. I'll also update the original post to include your URL.
_dook_master_
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Server down Reply with quote

astronic wrote:
Good evening Gentooists,
EDIT: I managed to download the file from another machine (I still can't do it from this one), so I'm not in need any more. With paulisdead's permission I'd like to mirror the file, since the current server is neither reliable nor fast. And BTW: Great work, it runs like a charm.

Haha, thanks for mirroring it. Yeah, my server is only on a 384kbps connection, so it does take a while to upload. I can only get about ~40k/bytes a second upstream. Weird about it not being reliable though.
astronic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Server down Reply with quote

_dook_master_ wrote:
Haha, thanks for mirroring it. Yeah, my server is only on a 384kbps connection, so it does take a while to upload. I can only get about ~40k/bytes a second upstream. Weird about it not being reliable though.

I've tried multiple times, but it just wouldn't respond to my HTTP request. I'd try again, but the URL has been removed from the first post so I can't (oddly enough I was able to retrieve http://www.yourdomain.com, only http://www.yourdomain.com/xine32.tar.bz2 failed). If you would send me the URL again, I could retry to see if the problem persists. You can reach me at contact(at)tittel.net.

Regards,
Stefan.
Bad_Byte
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~andrelow/files/xine32.tar.bz2
This mirror should be alot faster (100Mbit)

Edit: taken offline due to space restrictions

Last edited by Bad_Byte on Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:41 am; edited 2 times in total
mizunoX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missing something....

But i followed the instructions then go to execute xine, but it says:
-bash: ./xine: No such file or directory

I can see the file.. it's right there, it's set executable, I have permission... I don't get it.
I'm in the /32bit/bin directory and typing ./xine

I'm wondering if I need to do something in the kernel for support for this binary or something?

Sorry if it's a noob questions.
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mizunoX wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something....

But i followed the instructions then go to execute xine, but it says:
-bash: ./xine: No such file or directory

I can see the file.. it's right there, it's set executable, I have permission... I don't get it.
I'm in the /32bit/bin directory and typing ./xine

I'm wondering if I need to do something in the kernel for support for this binary or something?

Sorry if it's a noob questions.

did you follow the directions exactly and do tar-xvjpf when untarring it? The p is very important since it preserves permissions. Also did you make the /etc/env.d/69curl file? I also launch it with the full path to the executable, and have my file manager configured to do launch it with the full path name.

As for the kernel, I have the following enabled under Executable file formats/Emulations turned on, IA32 Emulation and IA32 a.out support. The second one might not be necessary, but better safe...
mizunoX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulisdead wrote:

did you follow the directions exactly and do tar-xvjpf when untarring it? The p is very important since it preserves permissions. Also did you make the /etc/env.d/69curl file? I also launch it with the full path to the executable, and have my file manager configured to do launch it with the full path name.

As for the kernel, I have the following enabled under Executable file formats/Emulations turned on, IA32 Emulation and IA32 a.out support. The second one might not be necessary, but better safe...

Yeah, I've done it 3 times now just to be sure.
Used all of those flags when extracting, created the curl file, try to launch with the full path, checked the kernel for that IA32 and IA32 a.out, and both were enabled.

I appreciate your speedy reply.. but I dont know if we're gonna figure this one out. It's just plain weird.
ikshaar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulisdead, I love you ;)

Just install my home computer with a new AMD 64 3500+ 8) and Gentoo 64 bits 2004.2... not being able to play my DivX movies was one of the few downside... and you solved it :D Works like a charm - following he instructions - in 2 minutes 12 seconds... :)

If by the end of the week, I managed to get Warcraft3 to run under Wine I will be in heaven ;) .. thanks man.

Abusive use of smileys is a sign of brain overwhelmed by hormone of pleasure... :? 8O :D :o :lol: :P :roll:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: