Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Which program can import a outlook adress book?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChojinDSL
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Which program can import a outlook adress book? Reply with quote

Here's the thing, a colleague of mine has this ancient p133mhz 64mb pc which runs win98. It also has office2000 installed and he uses outlook, not outlook express as his email client. He has hundreds of email adresses in his outlook address book and because his win98 install is so corrupt I cant install a isdn card or a network card properly for him to get online to send his emails using outlook. He used to have a analog modem, but at work we only have isdn and our broadband internet connection, but thats another story.

Anyways, does anyone know of a way how I can convert his outlook adress book, or perhaps just import all the email address from there into another email program?
I cant use the outlook export function, because the export function was not installed, and outlook bitches about the install cd when I try to "add" that feature. (thank you microsoft!)

Failing that, can someone tell me where outlook stores its address book, because I could probably copy it, then reinstall windows and office2000 and copy the address book back.
But I was hoping for a linux mail program to help me with this, since I intend to install linux on his pc.
WumpusWill
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution claims to be able to import mailboxes/settings from Outlook Express.

It claims that the Outlook file has the extension .mbx

Good luck! :)
zarg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlook stores e-mail, address book and settings in its "outlook.pst" file. If you can´t use the export function then you should be able to copy this file and import some of his data back. Outlook can also stores address in a seperate address book which is called "personal address book.pab" (by default) so keep an eye out for that.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: