View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tparker
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Netscape7 Installation Problem Reply with quote

I am having problems installing Netscape7 on my Gentoo Linux 1.4 - in Gnome. I can't remember the exact error message now (which I know I should post ... but my computer has now moved onto other things!) ... but basically once the installer starts copying files, it complains about something. The GUI installer quotes failure in installing one of it's libraries, whilst back on the console I get an output about some libjsXXXXXXX.so file. I'm hoping someone has experienced this before and know what's wrong - but if not I will come back with the exact error.

Incidentally, my mozilla has also stopped working for no apparent reason. It worked once (soon after compilation - which took AGES even on an Athlon-850) .... but after a while stopped working for no apparent reason. Console output suggests an error with some java library - then gives /var/tmp/portage/xxxxxx as the directory (which I found rather strange). I've now switched from blackdown to sun-jdk and am recompiling mozilla. I'm hoping that would fix that problem.

- it did not help Netscape though.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from OTG.
tparker
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried again - and can provide the following information. The GUI Installer returns a 620 error (XPI Stub call failed), whilst the console returns the following information :

nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/usr/lib/mozilla/components/libjsloader.so) Load FAILED with error: /usr/lib/mozilla/components/libjsloader.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK10nsACString22GetImplementationFlagsEv
nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/usr/lib/mozilla/components/libjsloader.so) Load FAILED with error: /usr/lib/mozilla/components/libjsloader.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK10nsACString22GetImplementationFlagsEv

Thanks again!

Terence.
craftyc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same error (although without the problems with mozilla afterwards). I have not seen a solution yet.
Dark God
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have solved this doing this...
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/netscape
then by running the netscape installer from same console
you may have to do this to get it to work afterwards unless you know how to make the export command stick in X:
mount -o bind /usr/local/netscape /usr/lib/mozilla
you can add this to the fstab or simply remove the dir and create a symlink for mozilla dir pointing to netscape install path.

NOTE: Mozilla will stop working. So you must decide weither its worth it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: