DB2 software
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flounder88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: DB2 software Reply with quote

Can DB2 software be installed on Gentoo? If so, is there known documentation for the install?
denials
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Yep -- but unsupported Reply with quote

I'm sure it can be installed; I've installed it on Debian using alien utility along the lines of the instructions in the DB2 HOWTO. You could also, I suppose, emerge rpm and force all of the packages (to avoid dependency checking).

Note that Gentoo is not an officially supported distribution according to IBM's list of supported V8.1 distributions.

You're most likely to run into problems with Java support for the GUI tools that are bundled with DB2; export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 and the IBM JRE are your friends in this case. Writing Perl/Python scripts that call DB2 commands and issue SQL statements may also be your friend.

I plan to give DB2 V8.1 a whirl on this Gentoo laptop in the next couple of days, so ping me if I forget to update you on my progress.

Edit: ah, here's a good link on the subject: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0403wright/
flounder88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I am going to give it a try as sonn as I figure out how to get a bootable copy of Gentoo. I unsuccessfuly tried 3 times and I can't get it to boot. :x

Anywho, I will try you in a couple... thanks again
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: