SN41G2 usb mouse problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fannus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: SN41G2 usb mouse problem Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm having a bit of trouble getting my usb mouse (IntelliMouse Explorer Optical) working on my Shuttle SN41G2. I'm using vanilla development-sources kernel 2.6.7.

I've tried compiling in uhci, ehci, and ohci, both as modules and directly into the kernel but none of them work, although EHCI at least allows the nforce2 usb controller to be recognized, they still don't acknowledge the mouse. So once ehci-hcd is loaded, then

"/proc/bus/usb/devices" exists, but it only contiains one entry, the controller.

When I unplug and plug back in, doing a dmesg, the controller registers activity on usb banks 1/2 (whichever I plug it into), but still, no recognition that it's a mouse.

I have another box with an nforce2 board, and the same mouse works perfectly with uhci and ehci compiled as modules.

It seems several people have gotten the same shuttle system to work in Gentoo, has anyone run into this problem, or know what might be causing it?
LeTene
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: SN41G2 usb mouse problem Reply with quote

You shouldn't really use EHCI & OHCI together as they might confilict with one another. I have an nforce2 board as well, and here's what I use to get my Intellimouse Explorer working (kernel is 2.6.7-gentoo-r8 which wont be any different from vanilla for this):
Code:

Device Drivers --->
  Input Device Support --->
    [*] Mice
  USB support --->
    <*> Support for Host-side USB
    [*] USB device filesystem
    <*> OHCI HCD support
    <*> USB Human Interface Device (full HID) support
    [*] HID input layer support

I'm choosing the monolithic kernel method here - you can of course use modules if you wish.
fannus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, worked like a charm. I guess I didn't think to compile in ohci, since my other nforce2 board worked with uhci (I didn't even recognize the controller with ohci), *and* on this board when I compiled ohci as a module and modprobe'd it in, it didn't recognize anything either. I have no idea why, but it seems like several modules either don't like being compiled in, or don't like being compiled as a module. Anyway, thanks a million! :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: