Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Location: Barcelona, Spain
|Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:28 am Post subject: Announcing Wasabi 0.2
|Andrea Barisani wrote: |
We are pleased to announce that Wasabi 0.2 has been released with a lot of major
The updated ebuild is available in portage at app-admin/wasabi.
Here's the Changelog:
- added multiple file support
- big performance improvements: BerkeleyDB and Storable are no longer
- better signal handling including configuration reload, see wasabi.8
- replaced 'set mda' with 'set mailserver', now reports are handled by
- added per-queue report subjects
- added expand_repeats option to handle "last message repeated x times"
- added profiling mode
- 'set mask' without argument now allows an empty mask
- pidfile is removed on shutdown
- die if our child process dies
- removed prescan option
- What's wasabi?
This is an official Gentoo hosted project initially developed for Gentoo
Wasabi is a log monitoring program, designed to watch one or more log files for
lines matching user defined regular expression and report on the matches. The regular
expressions are assigned to queues which have an alert interval and a list of
Queues can be set to send a notification as soon as there is a log line assigned
to it, or to send periodic reports.
Additionally, uninteresting fields in the log messages (such as PID numbers) can
be masked with the standard regular expressions grouping operators ( ). This
allows cleaner and more readable reports. All reports are separated by hostname
and all messages are condensed when possible.
The program reads a configuration file (wasabi.conf) and then forks a deamon for
monitoring the specified log files.
Please read the example wasabi.conf and wasabi.8 man page for usage
Please send requests/suggestions/bug reports to <email@example.com>
Andrea Barisani <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rob Holland <email@example.com>