View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sivar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Cool desktop X apps to demo? Reply with quote

Having had my demo to my local college delayed until the network is revamped, I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to recommend a few really neat, preferably really useful apps to show students and professors.
The system in question is a terminal server, so Tuxracer and the like is probably not a good idea.
I already know about all the common applications...gvim, xemacs, OpenOffice, Kivio, etc. I was hoping for some of the lesser known little apps, or even applets for GNOME or KDE.
Additionally, I am fairly unfamiliar with FLuxbox, but after evaluating several WMs, Fluxbox seems to fit the bill for use as a terminal server. It's fast, doesn't use a lot of graphics (which have to be transmitted over the network each time) and has a somewhat un-Windows like feel (which is a good thing, for political reasons). Any caveats I should know about before delving into the configuration of Flux? I've googled, but it seems very few people are running terminal servers at all, let alone Fluxbox on them 8)
raziel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not all that uncommon, but I get a lot of comments about Evolution. It'd probably be worth installing that and setting it up with some mock dates and addresses.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: