View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
licked
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:24 am    Post subject: xinerama on xfree > 4.0.3 w/g450+tnt2 Reply with quote

since 4.0.3 i have not been able to get xinerema working correctly. just after x startup i get a hard freeze.

i have a matrox g450 and a tnt2. has anyone else seen this? the biggest discernable difference form a user perspective is that under 4.0.3 on x startup it looks as though the tnt2 is reinitialized (i get the bios looking readout of the card).

when we where only at 4.1 it wasnt so bad, but its starting to get a little annoying to think ill be stuck in 4.0.3 forever.

dave
febisfebi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem with 4.2.0. i have a geforce 2 mx and a cirrus logic 5434 pci. when i startx, it shows a garbled nvidia logo, and freezes. the only way to reboot it(short from powering it down) is ctrl-alt-delete, which reboots it. right now i just excluded the other card from my XF86Config-4, until i can figure something else out
dioxmat
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is an issue with the nvidia drivers, which have various problems when using xinerama and another non nvidia graphic card... Try a search on linuxgames.com's archives. I've heard some people did find a workaround...
licked
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

febisfebi,

ive googled and searched this one to death, including linuxgames. do you have any recollection at all as to the fix and/or the url?

thanks
d
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: