mldonkey files borked
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aridhol
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: mldonkey files borked Reply with quote

Ok, been seing this a few times but just figured, heck, too bad and deleted the file.

But now it's starting to get a bit too often.

When I have downloaded a big file (last was about 1.5GB) it comes up as a file with no extension at all. It says it's a SVCD, and it plays as an MPEG in mplayer, but it is obviously slized in two parts. Mplayer just plays part one and then stops. It shows the total time though, but the progressbar only shows half (in other words, the progress bar has reached the end about 50 minutes into the movie)

I have tried treating it as an ISO, ZIP, MPG, MPEG and even an EXE in WIN out of pure desperation...

Anyone run in to this before? I checked the MLdonkey forums but didn't find anything about it happening to anyone else. Figured I ask here first then in their forum if you guys don't know. I trust you guys more ;)
MaxDamage
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had that exact problem. BTW what I get is corrupted downloads each time my machine freezes. Could be mldonkey doesn't chech for corrupt chunks downloaded? Anybody knows how to force checking them?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: