pppd dying on every connect
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:05 am    Post subject: pppd dying on every connect Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with pppd since migrating my laptop to Gentoo. Every time I try to connect to my dialup ISP (whether using wvdial or kppp), my modem will connect, then start pppd, but it will die every time before finishing the connection and bringing up a ppp interface. Now, I've used this exact same hardware and ISP before upgrading to Gentoo and it worked without a hitch (actually, wvdial has always worked fine for me, no matter what hardware or ISP I was using), so I'm a little perplexed about this. Has anyone experienced any similar issues regarding this? Any suggestions on what I can try to fix it? Thanks?
Jetlag
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you turn on "debug" as a pppd option, then you may see something that gives a clue to the problem.

My 'options' file...

Code:
lock
/dev/ttyS1
crtscts
asyncmap 0
usepeerdns
defaultroute
noauth
persist
debug

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: