networking with gentoo w/ xp
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOne888
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: networking with gentoo w/ xp Reply with quote

Ok... I have one computer with xp and one with gentoo. I was wondering if there was a way i could share the hard drives of the two computers. They are both getting cable from my router ok. please help me
handsomepete
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: networking with gentoo w/ xp Reply with quote

TheOne888 wrote:
Ok... I have one computer with xp and one with gentoo. I was wondering if there was a way i could share the hard drives of the two computers. They are both getting cable from my router ok. please help me

You can use Samba.... http://www.samba.org - I personally do my limited file sharing between OSes via FTP, but I really have no good reason for this.

On a related note, has anyone had the guts to try the ntfs writing routines in the recent kernels yet? The big 'dangerous' written next to it has kind of turned me off, but I think I might set up a dummy drive just to help test it out. Anyone?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: