Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Here is a23d56 and SolomonHK's new fav TV channel!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Here is a23d56 and SolomonHK's new fav TV channel! Reply with quote

MTV to launch new gay TV channel

Erik
Stormy Eyes
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, come on. Solomon isn't nearly as bad as that bird-brain.
woodpecker_killer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solomon's respectable. I could do without the Miami Vice penis-extension that he sticks in everybody's face, but other than that, he is definitely not gay. I even like his back-handed humor which I was once the brunt of. :)

Last edited by woodpecker_killer on Tue May 25, 2004 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodpecker_killer wrote:
Solomon's respectable. I could do without the Miami Vice penis-extension, but other than that, he is definitely not gay. I even like his back-handed humor which I was once the brunt of.

Well, I remember reading his comment that "he gets physically sick" by thinking of gays etc. He is up there with 123456 as this forums first and foremost gay-hater.

Erik
idl
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do gays need their own channel? Shame on you MTV!

EDIT: I think personal attacks like these shouldn't be tolerated. Feel free to tell me to STFU though, I've made some pretty bad remarks in the past. But in my defence, I have changed quite a lot since those days ;)

Last edited by idl on Tue May 25, 2004 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

port001 wrote:

Why do we need:
- Religious channels
- Comedy channels
- Food channels
- Gold channels
- Home shopping channels
.... etc etc etc.

There is obviously a marked or so it seems. You have to rememeber that gays have money. They don't have kids (for the most) and don't have a normal family's expenses and hence can and do spend more money, hence they are an interesting target groups for marketing and a TV channels for gay people is an excellent direct marketing channel, ensuring maximum exposure to your target group.

Erik
a23d56
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that some of you are making jokes about homosexuality. In the end, you'll get what you deserve.

:?:
dvc5
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope it's not as worthless and seemingly full of cliche's as BET or Oxygen.

Green Is Good
a23d56
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

port001 wrote:
EDIT: I think personal attacks like these shouldn't be tolerated.

The moderators here mostly go with the crowd. They don't have much backbone. But that's OK. The personal attacks on me have opposite their intended effect.

:?:
idl
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebrostig wrote:
port001 wrote:

Why do we need:
- Religious channels

We don't
ebrostig wrote:
- Comedy channels

Its general interest
ebrostig wrote:
- Food channels

Same as above
ebrostig wrote:
- Gold channels

Whats one of them?
ebrostig wrote:
- Home shopping channels

We don't

ebrostig wrote:

There is obviously a marked or so it seems. You have to rememeber that gays have money. They don't have kids (for the most) and don't have a normal family's expenses and hence can and do spend more money, hence they are an interesting target groups for marketing and a TV channels for gay people is an excellent direct marketing channel, ensuring maximum exposure to your target group.

I think its wrong for TV stations to alienate people from an entire channel. I shouldn't have to be gay, asian or religious to watch TV, FFS.

Last edited by idl on Tue May 25, 2004 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
porodzila
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

port001 wrote:

EDIT: I think personal attacks like these shouldn't be tolerated. Feel free to tell me to STFU though, I've made some pretty bad remarks in the past. But in my defence, I have changed quite a lot since those days ;)

Because straights have hundreds of their own channels .
and y'all get pissed anyway (well some) when a show with "a gay" as a character ends up on "your" channel .
paranode
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is ebrostig that is most interested in this channel. He's the one who hangs out at gay bars all the time.

:wink:
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:
I think it is ebrostig that is most interested in this channel. He's the one who hangs out at gay bars all the time.

:wink:

Nope, it's not going to be one of my fav channels, but I figured (and I thought people would find it a bit humerous) that our 2 most ardent anti gay people would enjoy this channel, that's all :)

Gold Channel = Golf channel :) My bad ...

Erik
SavageMindz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forthman420 wrote:
Because straights have hundreds of their own channels .
and y'all get pissed anyway (well some) when a show with "a gay" as a character ends up on "your" channel .

I've never really thought of TV as being Gay or straight. I mean half the people on British TV are gay anyway. I'm sure someone I was speaking to once referred to the BBC as the "Gay Mafia". Indeed there was once a tv show on British TV that an ex girlfriend made me watch that was about a couple of gay guys, think it was called "Queer as folk" but I'm not sure. Once I got over the general eww factor of watching two guys shagging it was actually quite a good program.

Since then The whole gay think doesnt really bother me anymore, I now have a few gay friends and dont really think anything of it.

ebrostig wrote:

I'm with Erik on this though(christ twice in one month, I feel a sweat coming on :wink: ), lets sell them stuff. :lol:

Savage.

P.S a23d56: I dont normally make personal comments but in all the posts I have seen you make you have done nothing but attack people, make religious zealot like statements, and generally just annoy people, while adding nothing to the conversation. Are you really that bored/insecure/that much of an idiot. ohh and just for clarity.

a23d56 wrote:
In the end, you'll get what you deserve.

Yeah well I should bloody well hope so. :twisted:
solomonHkII
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL, good one Svein. Ill be sure to pass this too along to my buddies at Oracle. You know they are beginning to really think you are immature. Too bad some of the mods around here dont have the backbone to be consistant and ban you as well.
ian!
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Enough of this. I banned your account.

Same for you: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1173621#1173621
klieber
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this amusing. If we ban too many people, we're "fascist, overbearing moderators". If we don't ban enough, we lack backbone. Tell you what -- how about if we ban everyone? That way, we'll be consistent...

I grow tired of repeating this, but...as stated in the OTW Guidelines, if you feel you're being personally attacked or a thread is otherwise getting out of hand, please bring it to the attention of one of the moderators.

If you're too lazy to do this, then please avoid griping and whining about any apparent lack of action on our part on a particular thread.

--kurt
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: