xfs-sources vs gentoo-sources-r10
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suka
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:14 am    Post subject: xfs-sources vs gentoo-sources-r10 Reply with quote

As xfs is back in gentoo-sources-r10 and the new xfs-sources are heavily patched, what is the reason to keep both? It looks like they are quite similar now, or do they follow a different "philosophy"?
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't waste any time, do you? :P

It does indeed look like they're quite similar now. xfs-sources includes the lolo patches, and after a quick skim of the two ebuilds (gentoo -r10 and xfs -r2), I can't see any difference between emerging gentoo -r10 with USE="xfs" enabled and emerging xfs-sources.

The (apparently new) KERNEL_EXCLUDE functionality looks rather tasty. One can pick and choose which of the lolo patches to include.
suka
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Little problems Reply with quote

rac wrote:
You don't waste any time, do you? :P

No, I don't ;-)

BTW: I wasn't able to get the nvidia-drivers to work with the new gentoo-sources (but I didn't have a lot of time to try as I had to go to work :-( ) and yes I did change the /usr/src/linux symlink and reemerged nvidia-kernel. Anyone else got the problem?

And is it now safe to use xfs and preempt or are they still enemies? ;-)
suka
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Little problems Reply with quote

suka wrote:

BTW: I wasn't able to get the nvidia-drivers to work with the new gentoo-sources (but I didn't have a lot of time to try as I had to go to work :-( ) and yes I did change the /usr/src/linux symlink and reemerged nvidia-kernel. Anyone else got the problem?

Forget the above, after looking a little bit further, I saw that still my old kernel was used after reboot (although I copied the kernel into the right place...). Strange but true.

Everything works now! At least (again) a kernel which has crypto and xfs in one...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: