View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfulkerson
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Mozilla Menubar disappears Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have had problems with mozilla and the menubar (file, edit, etc...) disappearing. I first had it disappear with mozilla 1.0-r3 under user login's, although root worked just fine. The menubar options were gone, and right-click did not bring up a popup menu. To correct this problem I unmasked mozilla 1.0.1 and emerged it. Mozilla 1.0.1 worked great for a while, but its menubar eventually disappeared as well (although right-click still worked). I have checked to ensure permissions are set properly, and they are. I have recompiled mozilla again to fix the problem, but I dont want to keep doing this every couple of days. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Anyone else seen this, or know of a fix?

Thanks for any insight...

P.S. I am not hiding the menubar (in case you were wondering). The space it would occupy along with down arrow are in proper position, there are just no options.
Malakin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try temporarily renaming your ~/.mozilla directory so it will start with a fresh profile and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work next time you emerge a copy of mozilla unemerge it first.
paranouei
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that problem when I installed mouse gestures. I couldn't install it as a user so I installed it as root, and then this happened.

If you uninstall it, it will work again. Anyway, I managed to fix it with gestures installed. The problem was it installed some files in /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/mozgest/ with permissions r-------- so users couldn't read them, i changed the permissions and i got gestures working as users.
rfulkerson
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouse gestures seems to be the problem. Thanks for your help. I looked into the mozgest dir and found those files with the wrong permissions. Once I fixed them, all works... including gestures!

Thanks Again!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: