View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnirf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: KDE UNINSTALL INSTALL PROBLEM Reply with quote

Hey,

I installed Gentoo Linux 1.4 last weekend and now i have got three questions.
After installing Gentoo Linux i installed Kde ... of course including X and Qt... and as i started it first time i realized that kde was not build for my athlon cpu ...(I am sure that i downloaded the athlon packages).
So i looked into the make.conf and there was march=i686.
I changed this and came to my first problem:

1.> I wanted to recompile kde. But how to uninstall it???
Unmerge kde takes about 2 seconds ("emerge unmerge kde") i also made unmerge x and qt ... but it was not deleted completely ... As i recompiled kde it compiled x for athlon and kde... but it finished after 4 houres and only build kde-3.0.3 and not all the stuff like arts and so on.

-> So My Question is: How can i uninstall all the kde x and qt stuff ... completely ???

2.> I canged march in the line including "CFLAGS="-march=athlon -O3 -pipe"" from i686 to athlon. Must i change it anywhere else ... perhaps for c++ compiler.

3.> I read in the formum that you can install kde 3.1 by ebuild or emerge .... Can anyone tell my how to do this ... i am new and dont know how to build portages which are not in the /usr/portage dir

Hey please help me ...
Thanks alot

Gnirf
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: KDE UNINSTALL INSTALL PROBLEM Reply with quote

Gnirf wrote:
1.> How can i uninstall all the kde x and qt stuff ... completely ???

Code:
emerge -C kde xfree qt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: