Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How install EM8300 modules with 2.6.5- Love sources Kernel?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
felixaa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: How install EM8300 modules with 2.6.5- Love sources Kernel? Reply with quote

Hi!! All!!

In the last two month I´m trying to install dxr3 package in my system, gentoo 2004.1 with 2.6.4- love sources kernel
the em8300 driver builded in the kernel is ok, But I not have the other stuff like microcode or em8300setup .. Then I try to emerge em800-0.13.modules and libraries
but I can´t finish to emerge it cause many errors!!.. then I found em8300-0.14 ebuilds in Berlios CVS mirror from gentoo.de but install don´t have sucess. Finally I downloaded source code Tarball from dxr3.sourceforge.org and
then rebuild it in my system with sucess, I create devfsd.conf entris then load modules and micrcode configure for PAL. All this ok but want I play DVDs, Xvid, Divx, ..., With Mplayer, Xine or VDR Channels oly obtain Black and White pictures all the time
, I trying too pixelPort_Pal and similar options in the modules load in many combinations..

Any sugestions please... I can´t gonne head with this obstacle..

Thanks

Edwin_V
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How install EM8300 modules with 2.6.5- Love sources Kern Reply with quote

Both the ebuilds and the tarballs from the site are not sufficient for the 2.6 kernel. You'll need to pull the sources from CVS. I'm using those on a Gentoo dev sources 2.6.5 kernel without problems.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: