Packages not yet available for Sparc
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxtrot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Packages not yet available for Sparc Reply with quote

I recently installed Gentoo 2004.0 on the little Ultra 5 on my desk (boy does it take gnome forever to compile on a 270 MHz processor...) I'm noticing a few packages that are missing "sparc" in their KEYWORDS list-- sure, I should probably expect nobody's tested, say, ogle (or even necessarily made it work), but stuff like "units" seems weird that it's not available.

In the case of "units", I went ahead and lied to the machine and told it to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86" and it appears to work just fine. Is there a standard battery of tests that the developers use to verify these things? I'd happily throw it at whatever I try out in my experiments here to help push things along.
Ferris
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can submit a bug (following the "Bugs" option on the home page) against the package
and the sparc architecture to the effect that (in your case) "On sparc app-sci/units-1.80
worked fine for me. Please add the ~sparc keyword." and someone will do it for you.

In this particular case, I'll do it for you a bit later, if it works for me. But in general, the way to
do it is to submit a bug report asking for the keyword.

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: