Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[solved]Problem emerging kxsldbg-3.4.1....
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a10waveracer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: [solved]Problem emerging kxsldbg-3.4.1.... Reply with quote

Okay, first of all, I am a Gentoo noobie, but I am getting the hang of it pretty quickly. I used Slackware before this, but I wanted to try a new distro and a lot of my friends recommened gentoo to me.

That being said, most of the time I have emerge problems I just emerge again and it fixes it. however, I am having problems getting kxsldbg-3.4.1 to emerge. This is the error I get:

Code:
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kxsldbg-3.4.1/work/kxsldbg-3.4.1/kxsldbg/kxsldbgpart/libxsldbg'
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../..  -DDOCS_PATH=\"/usr/kde/3.4/doc/xsldbg\" -I.. -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/kde/3.4/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I.  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DENABLE_CVSSERVICE  -c -o allmoc.lo `test -f 'allmoc.cpp' || echo './'`allmoc.cpp
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../..  -DDOCS_PATH=\"/usr/kde/3.4/doc/xsldbg\" -I.. -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/kde/3.4/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I.  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DENABLE_CVSSERVICE  -c -o xsldbgthread.lo `test -f 'xsldbgthread.cpp' || echo './'`xsldbgthread.cpp
In file included from xsldbgthread.cpp:20:
xsldbg.h:59:9: #error "WITH_DEBUGGER MACRO not defined in libxslt maybe you've disable debugger in libxslt." "if your are sure then disable this check by defining WITH_FORCE_DEBUGGER. eg.\n" "\nmake CFLAGS=\"$CFLAGS -D FORCE_DEBUGGER\""
make[2]: *** [xsldbgthread.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kxsldbg-3.4.1/work/kxsldbg-3.4.1/kxsldbg/kxsldbgpart/libxsldbg'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kxsldbg-3.4.1/work/kxsldbg-3.4.1/kxsldbg/kxsldbgpart'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I don't know what I have done wrong, I emerged libxslt and that didn't help any... If anyone could give me some insight, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a10waveracer on Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
jmbsvicetto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I don't know the package that you're trying to install, so I've done the following
Code:
atlantida linux # emerge -s kxsldbg
Searching...
[ R esults for search key : kxsldbg ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  kde-base/kxsldbg
      Latest version available: 3.4.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 12,539 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.kde.org/
      Description: A KDE KPart Application for xsldbg, an XSLT debugger
      License:     GPL-2

atlantida linux #

This means that this package is a XSLT debugger. It makes sense that it wants XSLT to include support for debugging. The error message that you got actually told you what to do.
Code:
In file included from xsldbgthread.cpp:20:
xsldbg.h:59:9: #error "WITH_DEBUGGER MACRO not defined in libxslt maybe you've disable debugger in libxslt." "if your are sure then disable this check by defining WITH_FORCE_DEBUGGER. eg.\n" "\nmake CFLAGS=\"$CFLAGS -D FORCE_DEBUGGER\""
make[2]: *** [xsldbgthread.lo] Error 1

This means that you either have to disable a check, which implies changing the Makefile for kxsldbg or that you emerge XSLT with support for debugging.
Code:
atlantida linux # emerge -pv libxslt

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.14  +crypt -debug +python -static 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
atlantida linux # USE="debug" emerge -pv libxslt

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.14  +crypt +debug* +python -static 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
atlantida linux #

Your twisted, but hopefully friendly daemon.
AMD64 / x86 / Sparc Gentoo
Help answer || emwrap.sh
a10waveracer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that was it. I recompiled libxlst with the 'debug' use flag and now my problem is fixed. thanks alot for the quick response and the helpful insight on what you did! You are awesome.
ballantrae
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem <b>jmbsvicetto</b>. You are a friendly daemon. :)

-ron
the_tuxiest
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with compiling kde 3.5. I Could only fix it by adding
Code:
-D FORCE_DEBUGGER

to the CFLAGS variable in the make.conf. Setting the USE variable to
Code:
USE="debug"
for emerging did'nt work. But now it works. And thanks for the hints given by jmbsvicetto.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: