Call for Revolution!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splakdatter
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Call for Revolution! Reply with quote

I call for a revolution of the Gentoo Forum junta that runs this place. Let us rise up and overthrow the technocrats that micromanage our discussions here.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that all forums are created equal, that all discussion topics are created equal, that there should only be ONE FORUM.

Subscribe today to O.F.F. -- the One Forum Front, and bring down the hegemony of discrimination that corrupts further progress of Gentoo discussions.
dn1282
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf are you talking about? :D
ghost_o
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Call for Revolution! Reply with quote

splakdatter wrote:
I call for a revolution of the Gentoo Forum junta that runs this place. Let us rise up and overthrow the technocrats that micromanage our discussions here.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that all forums are created equal, that all discussion topics are created equal, that there should only be ONE FORUM.

Subscribe today to O.F.F. -- the One Forum Front, and bring down the hegemony of discrimination that corrupts further progress of Gentoo discussions.

Man, let the pipe cool down for a while.. Save some for tomorrow

-G
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Call for Revolution! Reply with quote

ghost_o wrote:
Man, let the pipe cool down for a while.. Save some for tomorrow

:lol:

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Call for Revolution! Reply with quote

splakdatter wrote:

Where does this fit in with the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea that I'm already used to? Romanes Eunt Domus!

Sorry, just a little Monty Python to get me through the day.
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish one of the moderators would get in here and plug up that cornhole. :lol:
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Call for Revolution! Reply with quote

splakdatter wrote:

Preach on, brother! Stick it to The Man! Let's show those Moderator fatcats who does the real work around here!

Quote:

Why stop there? Why discriminate between topics with this "thread" concept that is clearly just another tool of the counterrevolutionary running dogs of oppression? There should be only ONE THREAD! Can I get a witness?

How's this - you could just get some guestbook software, and have everyone come post things in it. It would be like, if, you know, the "longest thread ever", like, totally took over the entire forums. Wouldn't that just be, I don't know, totally cosmic and out of sight and tubular?

Quote:

Uh-oh, I might be ineligible. I've already got a membership card in my wallet for O.N. - Or Not.
Carlos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what about these accounts, post counts, and even worse: the class system? We should do away with these bourgeois tools of oppression. Everyone's account will be named "user", and they'll have no profile or post count. And definitely none of this "Avatar" stuff: we must embrace total equality!
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos wrote:
But what about these accounts, post counts, and even worse: the class system? We should do away with these bourgeois tools of oppression. Everyone's account will be named "user", and they'll have no profile or post count. And definitely none of this "Avatar" stuff: we must embrace total equality!

Right! And to secure total equality we must not allow anyone to post. Because inevitably they will have different, unequal thoughts and write those thoughts in the forums. Let us rise up and replace the forums with a blank screen.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help! Help! I'm being oppressed. [/Python]

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
NickDaFish
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Can I get a Burrito and some frys please.......
Oh wait... this is the right forum to ask in isn't it?
fmalabre
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO
splakdatter
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Call for Revolution! Reply with quote

Dear Copernicus:

The ONE THREAD concept is truly a revolution of revolutions! A transvaluation of all values! I have sat in front of my monitor for two days now, transfixed by the words ONE THREAD. Am I a prisoner or have I been set free? You are most dangerous. You are real trouble.

The pace of our progress is breathtaking and mighty. The carbuncly fatcats that reign over the Gentoo Forums will soon be swept aside by the winds of change.

Let us rest tonight for tomorrow we will fight . . .

rac wrote:
splakdatter wrote:

Preach on, brother! Stick it to The Man! Let's show those Moderator fatcats who does the real work around here!

Quote:

Why stop there? Why discriminate between topics with this "thread" concept that is clearly just another tool of the counterrevolutionary running dogs of oppression? There should be only ONE THREAD! Can I get a witness?

How's this - you could just get some guestbook software, and have everyone come post things in it. It would be like, if, you know, the "longest thread ever", like, totally took over the entire forums. Wouldn't that just be, I don't know, totally cosmic and out of sight and tubular?

Quote:

Uh-oh, I might be ineligible. I've already got a membership card in my wallet for O.N. - Or Not.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bounces a nightstick into the palm of his hand*

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanuslupus wrote:
*bounces a nightstick into the palm of his hand*

See? Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
pilla
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Call for Revolution! Reply with quote

I don't know.... I like the multiple processes and threads in my computer... 8)

rac wrote:

Why stop there? Why discriminate between topics with this "thread" concept that is clearly just another tool of the counterrevolutionary running dogs of oppression? There should be only ONE THREAD!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: