xtunes success anyone?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfoss
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: xtunes success anyone? Reply with quote

I've been trying to get xtunes to work without any luck. Compiling isn't a problem once you put in the needed libraries (i.e. CommonC++, libogg, an old libid3 (3.7.13), etc etc) as seen on their install page. However, once compiled i try to run and get this:

Code:
xtunes v0.36
~/.xtunes/library/

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libpixmap.so",

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libpixmap.so",

Getting songs from database...
Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                CDROM sensed: ATAPI compatible ATAPI CD-ROM DRIVE 36X MAXIMUM

AudioCD::Update() -- not an audio cd
Controller::LoadPlayerPlugins() -- /usr/local/lib/xtunes/input/libmpg123.so
Abort

libpixmap.so *is* installed, and I'm actually not that concerned about that, but the non-informative Abort followed by a dump back the the command line is more disturbing.

Has anyone had luck getting it to run?

-Ted
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonna bump you cuz this looks like a cool program , i hope you get it working.
dazol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Heres how I got it working Reply with quote

for some reason, xtunes doesnt make the '/usr/local/lib/xtunes/source' directory on 'make install'. after 3 hours of searching I finally found that answer on the bug reports page for xtunes at sourceforge.

Make the above directory and you should be set.

David
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moving to desktop forum

--kurt
dazol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: forgot a few things Reply with quote

i forgot to mention a few things:

1) the pixmap.so problem. I emerged gtk-engines-0.12-r2 (i believe) and that fixed that problem.

2) i dont know how familiar you are with xtunes (if you have used it before or not) but when you start xtunes heres some advice. unless you have your mp3's sorted with a Artistname/AlbumName/SongName directory structure, before you import them, go into the preferences and choose the 'symlink' option. otherwise, you will get all your mp3's duplicated into that type of directory structure.

also, if you actually get it to work (play mp3's) let me know how you did it. This is where im stuck :)

David
Kiff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too find the program very interesting idd! Not for playing mp3's (I use good ol' XMMS for that), but for hooking up my soon to come iPod!

Anyone who had experience with that plugin? Would be great to here some comments on how it worked. (Especially if it's also possible to transfer ordinary files to the iPod or even use it as an extra HD (all of which is possible on Mac or in Win)
cf25
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:07 pm    Post subject: xtunes ebuild? Reply with quote

is anyone working on this? i'd like to give this thing a whirl, but if there might be an ebuild coming out soon then i'll just wait for that.
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will an ipod work with linux ? is this something specific to xtunes?
bonto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: ipod on linux Reply with quote

Quote:
will an ipod work with linux ? is this something specific to xtunes?

As far as i know xtunes (now called sumi), is the only one with a working ipod plugin. There are others such as i think its called ipodonlinux or ipodandlinux, its on the sourceforge website, as well as a few individual attempts but i think right now the sumi is the only one that has downloadable plugins to get the ipod working on linux. I hope an ebuiild for xtunes/sumi comes soon.
kryddsill
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Hmm..yeah..but.. Reply with quote

You're right, the program is now called Sumi because of legal implications with Apple. It's also true that sumipod (the plugin) is the only working iPod plugin for Linux at the moment (although other ones are being worked at). But, there is a big but for all of those GPL fanatics, it's closed source and it costs 10USD as it looks right now. More information about Tex9's products (the company who makes Sumi and Sumipod) can be found here.

Hope you get it working!

Rasmus Ekman
www.kryddsill.net
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: