View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjeldahl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: KDE/KOffice/KWord printing Reply with quote

I am having a problem with KOffice (KWord really) with fonts, spacing and printing. The fonts I select inside KWord seem to big. When I print, it seems to print in a smaller font, but it still uses the spacing from a bigger font, meaning that letter are printed S P A C E D out and what looks like double line spacing.

I've read numerous bugreports about these problems on the kde bug list, and all of them seem to indicate this has been taken care of a long time ago. I the meantime, I'm running KDE 3.0.3 and Qt 3.0.5-r2 (the latest there is as far as I know), and I am still getting bitten by these font bugs.

It may be related to my 1600x1200 screen running XFree 4.2.0-r12, where xdpyinfo reports 135x132 DPI resolution (numerous of the kde bug reports say that fonts works right at 75 and or 100 DPI, but that calculation is screwed up with other resolutions).

Anyway, from the looks of it, the font size calculation is still not being done correctly within KDE/KOffice. I have no such problems with Konqueror and other software, so I guess it must be related to the component that KWord use for layout stuff inside KWord.

Any experts out there with a clue about what needs to be done to fix this at my end, without hardcoding a fixed DPI resolution or similar when starting XFree?

Thanks,

Marius K.
kjeldahl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one solution to my problem. I checked out the latest qt version from the KDE cvs ("qt-copy"), and with this, the font problem go away. This version is called "qt-5" on my system, which follows the convention with the KDE CVS version (which also has -5 suffixes).

Anyway, I'm happy for now - it seems to work a lot better.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: