View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TobiWan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Printing in KDE 3.3 crashes in all native KDE applications Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm at a real loss here. After updating KDE to 3.3 through Portage I cannot access any printing functionality without crashing the calling KDE application in the process.

Even if I call the printing module in the KDE control center it immediately crashes. Printing works fine from none KDE applications like OpenOffice or Abiword. Where would I want to look first? Maybe I should re-emerge parts of KDE? Which then?

Any help is appreciated.

Update: After trying some more I now manage to not crash the application by waiting insane periods of time for this KDE error message to show up:

Code:

There was an error loading kdeprint_cups. The diagnostic is:
/usr/kde/3.3/lib/libkdeprint_management.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN16KMVirtualManager12setAsDefaultEP9KMPrinterRK7QStringP7QWidget

and

Code:

There was an error loading kdeprint_cups. The diagnostic is:
/usr/kde/3.3/lib/libkdeprint_management.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN16KMVirtualManager12setAsDefaultEP9KMPrinterRK7QStringP7QWidget

How can I re-compile this by using Portage without having to redo the entire KDE build process?

What can be the cause to this problem?

Update: I'm busy re-emerging kdelibs and I hope that all the links are set right this time. I managed to get printing up in KWord but it is highly unstable for now.

Thanks a lot,
Tobias
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: