Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Is it possible to change OpenOffice's UI colors?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JukkaR
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to change OpenOffice's UI colors? Reply with quote

I would like to change my openoffice's UI color similiar to gnome's colors. Is it even possible. And why doesn't OO always regonize all the fonts that I have in my system (arial, etc)?

And what's the metacity-theme used in this screenshot (and where I can get it): http://vhost.dulug.duke.edu/~louie/screenshots/ross-desktop.png

Pretty useless things.. But it's time to have some 'eye-candy' for my system.. The grey used in OO is boring to watch everyday. Is there gtk2 port for OO coming?
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found with the font issue in OO I can type the name Arial into the font selection combo box hit enter and it will use Arial. I don't however know how to make it apear as an option.
echeslack
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to change OpenOffice's UI colors? Reply with quote

JukkaR wrote:
And why doesn't OO always regonize all the fonts that I have in my system (arial, etc)?

I had that problem for a while until I found out that my truetype fonts were not actually set up completely. I had made the fonts.scale file as I had found instructions to, but had not made a fonts.dir file (I guess the instructions were old). Anyway, you can find good instructions for fonts in the Font De-Uglification HOWTO.

However, just to help you out (and since I don't think it actually explains it well if you aren't using a font server), pretty much all you should need to do is do :
Code:

# ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
 # mkfontdir

in the font directory, and add the directory in your XF86Config. You may not have ttmkfdir on your system, but a quick search on google should give you a download site. Also, I think mkfontdir may not be in the path, so you may have to run it as /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir.

As for the rest of your problems, I don't know... :roll:

-ewen
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: