Gnome-font-properties 2.4.0 on AMD64
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superpat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Gnome-font-properties 2.4.0 on AMD64 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just completed a long saga to emerge gnome 2.4 on AMD 64, the dependencies in gnome between mozilla and epiphany were a pain! Especially the fact that the standard version of epiphany in the portage tree does not allow itself to be emerged under the standard version of mozilla in the portage tree.

However I got it all installed and gnome runs, but when I start gnome-font-properties, the app seg faults.

Gnome-font-properties is in the package gnome-control-center

I find that this is a known problem, bug number 38088, this is status=New, on the 13th Jan 2004, a note was added to the bugfile with what may be amended code, but I can find no patch file, or patched version.

Now the Gentoo apps database states that gnome-control-center 2.4 WORKS with AMD64. This was last changed on 10th Jan 2004, predating the bug report.

As a newbie, I am not certain of the correct Gentoo procedure here, I have written to gnome@gentoo.org, pointing out the problems.

Should I submit a second bug report?

Has a patch been generated and I have "missed" it?

Advice gratefully received!

I would really like to improve the fonts on my gnome desktop, I believe that if the font properties app was running I could do something with AA on the fonts.

cheers

Patrick
borh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the control-center patch. You can download it from here. Hope that helps.
superpat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: control center patch where??? Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote>>>

I still have the control-center patch. You can download it from here. Hope that helps.

>>>

Where did you get the patch from?

I need to understand this, why can I not find an "official" patch?

I have downloaded the patch and will try it.

cheers

Patrick
borh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is posted on page 1 of the "AMD64 - The masked applications that work .. wip" thread by mb4guns. There is also a patch for Rhythmbox that makes it work (somewhere on page 6, I think).
I have no idea why this hasn't yet gone into the official portage tree. Last I tried, gnome 2.5.3 also had the same control-center bug. Does anybody know if this was fixed in 2.5.x?
Tamerz
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Gnome-font-properties 2.4.0 on AMD64 Reply with quote

superpat wrote:
Especially the fact that the standard version of epiphany in the portage tree does not allow itself to be emerged under the standard version of mozilla in the portage tree.

However I got it all installed and gnome runs

How did you get Epiphany to install? I'm stuck on that part of the Gnome merge right now. It didn't fail on the 32-bit install.

EDIT: Never mind, I just emerged a newer version.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: