My Dual Opteron saga
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfdsa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: My Dual Opteron saga Reply with quote

Hi all, i wonder if i can contribute my 5 cents...

I have a dual Opteron box with SCSI aic7xxx controller, the rc2 livecd didnt work for me, hotplug caused Ooops when tried to mess with my SCSI adapter.

Then i added aic7xxx.ko to the initrd, booted same kernel and my modified initrd from pxe, did insmod aicx7xxx.ko, worked like a charm.

I really have no idea who to address this bug to , hotplug || kernel || gentoo || aic ...., but from my point of view, aic7xxx.ko must be included into initrd on livecd.

If someone points me into a place where to complain, i can add other infos.
windex82
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: My Dual Opteron saga Reply with quote

gfdsa wrote:
Hi all, i wonder if i can contribute my 5 cents...

I have a dual Opteron box with SCSI aic7xxx controller, the rc2 livecd didnt work for me, hotplug caused Ooops when tried to mess with my SCSI adapter.

Then i added aic7xxx.ko to the initrd, booted same kernel and my modified initrd from pxe, did insmod aicx7xxx.ko, worked like a charm.

I really have no idea who to address this bug to , hotplug || kernel || gentoo || aic ...., but from my point of view, aic7xxx.ko must be included into initrd on livecd.

If someone points me into a place where to complain, i can add other infos.

I had similer problems with a single athlon64 3200+ system. I reported it to the hotplug bug tracker but havnt gotten any updates or anything on it. It appears to me a slight problem with the initrd, kernel, and the configurations getting "out of sync" to me, because once i changed a bunch of options recompiled and installed and it began working again. Other times it dosnt fix a thing.
gfdsa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at least im not the only one who had such a problem, i really think that scsi modules should be inside initrd
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: