mv: cannot stat ...... during emerge
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dTr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: mv: cannot stat ...... during emerge Reply with quote

I have just reinstalled Gentoo but I seem to be having problems. When I run emerge -e world, a lot of the packages have errors saying mv: cannot stat and then a file name. I can't get to the errors at the moment because i'm not on that pc. Anyway, the emerge still completes so I guessed everything was ok. When I loaded up kde I get all sorts of wierd errors, clicking on the k menu I get an error about system being a malformed url. If i try to open home then it asks me what I want to open it with but I can't choose konqueror because its not there (a lot of other programs seem to be missing also) If i run an xterm and try to run konqueror its not found etc. etc.
I think all these errors have come from the cannot stat problem during the emerge. I have tried emerge --sync followed by another emerge -e world but that didn't work.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!

EDIT: I don't know if this makes any difference but I have my /var/tmp directory on a separate partition formatted in reiserfs. I gave it 6GB, I think that should be enough tho (?)
dTr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone??? I really want to get this sorted because I'm worried that if I reinstall I'll just end up with the same problem!
Philantrop
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diagnosing your problem would be much easier if you posted actual error messages. Include your "emerge --info", too, please.
dTr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved the KDE problem... Turns out that konqueror isn't installed as standard. Just emerged it and all is good again
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: