mozilla and java [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
secondshadow
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: mozilla and java [SOLVED] Reply with quote

I'm not terribly certain that this belongs over here, but as I only get the error in 64-bit I'm thinking that could be the problem. I'm trying to log onto my schools site for my online classes:

http://myaacc.aacc.edu

which requires java support. Mozilla, however, tells the site that java support is turned off when very clearly I can see that the checkbox is checked to enable java. Oddly enough the site works in konqueror but do to some wierd rendering error when I go to log into a class the subsequent popup window doesn't render properly, so that doesn't work either. I'm looking for either a fix for mozilla or another browser to use that might work, if anyone has any ideas?

Last edited by secondshadow on Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
dwblas
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obiligatory first question - is java configured? Check the output of java-config -c and java-config -j. They should give you the location of javac and jar. You may have to configure them. Also, make sure the locations are in the $PATH variable. I sometimes use Netscape7 when having problems with other browsers. I don't like it as well, but it seems to do everything without fiddling.
thumper
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the while searching the forums that the javaplugin may point to the wrong name, check /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and see if the symlink points to the proper file.

javaplugin_oji.so -> /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2_rc1/jre/plugin/amd64/mozilla/libjavaplugin_oji.so

George
secondshadow
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I fixed it. Thanks thumper. That was 1/2 the problem. The javaplugin wasn't there. The second problem was really wierd to fix. I had to go into mozilla's preferences, turn off java, hit okay, then go back into preferences, turn java back on and hit okay again. Now I can get to the site. Very wierd.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: