xmms crashes with arts plugin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puddpunk
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:04 am    Post subject: xmms crashes with arts plugin Reply with quote

when i start xmms, i can play a song, then when the song finishes, or i try to move to another song, xmms locks up and if i start it from the console i'm given about 4 segfault messages.

I use the xmms-arts plugin. It works fine when i use artsdsp on xmms (and change the output of course) but as soon as i use the arts plugin it dies at the second song.

:(
kyron
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having what seems to be the same prolem, Using ALSA with ARTS and XMMS using ARTS, first song plays okay and then crashes if you try to skip to the next song or let it change to the next song... (too much optimization?)...it also seems to be taking a horrendous amount of CPU (~14%) on a 1.6GHz P4....
kyron
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: xmms crashes with arts plugin Reply with quote

puddpunk wrote:
when i start xmms, i can play a song, then when the song finishes, or i try to move to another song, xmms locks up and if i start it from the console i'm given about 4 segfault messages.

I use the xmms-arts plugin. It works fine when i use artsdsp on xmms (and change the output of course) but as soon as i use the arts plugin it dies at the second song.

:(

Patch...well..for the time being I use ALSA dirrectly from XMMS:

emerge alsa-xmms

and then use the ALSA driver under XMMS..... Don't forget to DISABLE ARTS server in kcontrol

It works but I don't know about concurrent use under this....

[EDIT]
You might want to check this thread out on how to use ALSA and ARTS, this might get things to work correctly by simply changing the properties of the icons to start the apps (change the command line arguements)

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=13496
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: