Problems with Postfix/Mysql/Amavis [Fixed]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chockymonster
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Problems with Postfix/Mysql/Amavis [Fixed] Reply with quote

I've been smpending the last day making a head shaped dent in my wall :(

I've installed postfix/mysql etc as per the virtual mailhost guide. All was working fine, the only changes that I made were to include transport_maps to allow me to route domains elsewhere.
All SQL queries for courier, phpmyadmin etc are working fine.

I've installed amavis, spamassassin, razor + others and have now hit a snag. Mail routes from postfix on port 25 to amavis on port 10024 and then once clean and despammed back into postfix on port 10025 for delivery to where ever. All is fine up until the final stage where all mail, whether inbound or outbound fails with 451 Temporary lookup failure.

First steps were checking DNS, which is working fine, looking into postfix's logs I see

Feb 8 12:28:10 ramoth postfix/smtpd[9669]: warning: connect to mysql server unix:/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Feb 8 12:28:10 ramoth postfix/smtpd[9669]: AC8316DEF0: reject: RCPT from unknown[127.0.0.1]: 451 <paul@chockymonster.co.uk>: Temporary lookup failure; from=<pauldglavin@hotmail.com> to=<paul@chockymonster.co.uk> proto=SMTP helo=<bob>

What I don't understand is that MYSQL is functioning perfectly, all courier lookups work as below shows.
Feb 8 12:30:52 ramoth authdaemond.mysql: authdaemon: modules="authmysql authpam", daemons=5
Feb 8 12:30:52 ramoth authdaemond.mysql: authdaemon: modules="authmysql authpam", daemons=5
Feb 8 12:30:55 ramoth imapd: Connection, ip=[127.0.0.1]
Feb 8 12:31:08 ramoth imapd: LOGIN, user=paul@chockymonster.co.uk, ip=[127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP

I've checked permisions on the /var/run/mysqld dir and all is as should be
0 srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 0 Feb 8 12:02 mysqld.sock
4 -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 5 Feb 8 12:02 mysqld.pid
1 drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql mysql 112 Feb 8 12:02 .

except that mysqld.sock is 0 bytes. I'm now at a loss as to where to look next. Help!!

Paul
chockymonster
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing what happens when you read endless bits of documentation in a vain hope of fixing something!

Problem was I didn't realise postfix runs chrooted by default, so it couldn't get to the mysqld.sock file, creating a link to the file solves the problem and stops the wife nagging that she can't send email ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: