Quick Search: in
Abiword and spellchecking
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optilude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Abiword and spellchecking Reply with quote

In abiword 1.0.0 (and the -r1 build), I found that any action that would cause a spell check (mainly typing a space or a punctuation character or requesting a spell check from the menu) would cause the program to abort immediately. I uninstalled all my spellchers (aspell, ispell, pspell and pspell-ispell) and re-did emerge abiword, which re-installed the last three. It seems to work when aspell is not installed. As soon as I re-install aspell, the problem returns.

Since it's been installed before, I'm sure there's something out there that needs aspell. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?
hbbio
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Abiword and spellchecking Reply with quote

optilude wrote:

Since it's been installed before, I'm sure there's something out there that needs aspell. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

At least, we're 2 concerned and I got the same behavior:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=1100&highlight=abiword
Maybe we should file a bug on abiword ? They still don't advertise version 1.0 on their website, and previous version worked (I think, not quite sure...)
squanto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ispell installed, and put spell in my USE vars, and then emerged abiword 1, about 3 hours ago, the spell checking underlines when I spell things wrong, but doesn't crash.
But... When I do spell check from the tools menu, even if things are spelled wrong it doesn't pick them up.
And a bunch of the prefs are greyed out....
curious....

So, as for abiword, it doesn't crash for me as much as for you guys, I think.
-Andrew
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: