adding latency timing commands at boot
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: adding latency timing commands at boot Reply with quote

where and how would you create and store a file to be read at boot to set the latency of pci devices?

for my scsi controller i want the latency to be 176 on both channels i know how to get it to change just am not sure where to store the file so that it is read at boot.

hey a completely different question but i just thought of it,

i have changed the CFLAGS alot over the last week and run #emerge -eu world several nights to rebuild with the changes and see what if any effects it had. but i havent rebuilt the kernel since...would the changes to CFLAGS effect the performance (not asking in which direction just if) of the kernel?

these are my CFLAGS running gcc-2.95.3
Code:

CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops -frerun-cse-after-loop -frerun-loop-opt -fforce-addr -ffast-math -malign-functions=4"
CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i thought of what to do for the latency.../etc/conf.d/local.start ....duh

as for the kernel i will probably just recompile it anyway (been kinda putting off because of alsa, but will probably download the latest cvs and do them both over) but any comments on either latency or the kernel would be cool....i set the latency to 176 for all pci slots and set it at max 248 for the agp.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: