Compaq Notebook With D-Link Ethernet
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
white squall
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Compaq Notebook With D-Link Ethernet Reply with quote

I have Compaq 1200 XL 125 notebook. It has 192 megabytes of memory and a AMD K6-2 533 MHz processor. I am attempting the stage 1 install of Gentoo. The from scratch build all the system.

My problem is that I have a D-Link DFE-690TXD pcmcia Ethernet card with a RealTek 8139 chipset. When I go to install the card by following the pcmcia instructions cardmgr says that D-Link DFE-690TXD is an unknown card and it can find a module to install for it. I tried to modprobe the 8139too.o module. When I run this command I get an error that It can’t find the IRQ for the pcmcia network card.

Is there any method that I can use to setup network card so that I can install Gentoo?

I have tried the cdrom image listed at this address https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=439.
The problem with this image is that when I press enter at the “boot:” prompt it loads the kernel, but when rescue.gz loads it gets to the last “.” and then it reboots my system.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: