Compaq X1010ca new kernel => touchpad problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akira
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Compaq X1010ca new kernel => touchpad problems Reply with quote

I just got gentoo setup and running on the compaq X1010CA, the touchpad worked fine under gentoo-sources 2.4.22 but the power consumption was way too high. I switched to 2.6.1 gentoo-dev-sources and I got the centrino power settings all done up, heck even my USB mouse started working with no messing around. Now here is my problem, the touch pad does not work well anymore, its really jumpy and i can not tap it to preform a click, also the scroll portion on the side does not work anymore for scrolling, just moves the pointer, although this is no big deal. I can still click using the thumb buttons, but I would like the touch pad worked out. Any ideas?
MyZelF
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akira wrote:

the touch pad does not work well anymore, its really jumpy and i can not tap it to preform a click

Same problem here, with my Compaq Presario 2825EA, using development-sources-2.6.0 and gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.1. Any suggestion?
soda_popstar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, Compaq Presario + 2.6.x = no touchpad. :cry:

I should know, I've followed practically every HowTo on these forums and on other sites and it's never worked for me. I must have recompiled my kernel and reconfigured my XF86Config a thousand times and it never works. You'll have to stick to 2.4.x.

But if you find out a way to do it with 2.6.x, let me know!
akira
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it working, had to manually enter the config line for synaptics touchpad drivers in the kernel config, and install the updated synaptics driver from Peter Osterlund - found here: http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html. Read the INSTALL file for the detailed kernel config requirements! Good luck to you soda_popstar and MyZelf.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: