Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
sorry to post this here but there's a problem with password
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
formerlykikinovak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: sorry to post this here but there's a problem with password Reply with quote

Hi,

A bit unnerved by creating another user account in this forum because my first one fails to log in. Doesn't recognize my password. Typed in the new password sent by mail, doesn't work. Created a new user account, worked once and then never again.

So please check it. My first username is kikinovak, according mail address is contact@kikinovak.net. I want to use this username and this email address. The new password sent to me doesn't work, even after visiting the activation page.

The same thing happened to my other new user account: thekick, address kikinovak2@wanadoo.fr. Password worked once, and then never again.

Big bug?

Thanks for repairing it.

N. K.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: wanted to post this in "Other Things Gentoo", but I'm being asked for my ******* password.

After searching for about ten minutes about some administrator to contact, I gave up. Sent a mail to nitro@gentoo.org, but with no result. I understand this server is quite overloaded, but please fix this.

N. K.
Naan Yaar
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this from Installing Gentoo to Gentoo Forums since it is a problem with the forums and not an install issue.
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you try to create this account? There was at least one other user who had problems making a new account right after the phpBB 2.0.2 upgrade over the last weekend. According to klieber, this was a bug that Nitro found and fixed, so everything should be OK if you can get an admin to delete the problem account. Hang on, I will notify klieber about your situation.
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you check here before you check your email, your account should be active. Not sure why you got the error, but I was able to use the "forgot my password" feature to get your account reset.

I've forwarded your password to your email address. Please reply to that email if you have any further problems.

--kurt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: