Hardened-nomultilib-openrc stage3 tarball defaulting to 17.1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemmeliloff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 12:39 am    Post subject: Hardened-nomultilib-openrc stage3 tarball defaulting to 17.1 Reply with quote

During my installation, I'm noticing that the only stage3 tarball on the distfiles download site that still defaults to the 17.1 profile is the hardened-nomultilib-openrc tarball, coincidentally the one I'm trying to use. From the update dates listed, it seems it hasn't been updated since March while all other stage3 files are updated almost daily. Worst part is that downloading the old stage file from March still sets the profile to 17.1 instead of 23.0 like the others and because of this, has a split-usr layout instead of merged. Is there anyway to get an updated stage3 file for hardened-multilib-openrc? I noticed the hardened-selinux stage3 has this issue as well.[/bug]
iq8qi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pay close attention to the Distfiles website https://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64-hardened-nomultilib-openrc/ You can see that pgp sign was updated today but stage3 files were not
I checked on other mirror and there is no update as wellhttp://mirror.leaseweb.com/gentoo/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64-hardened-nomultilib-openrc/
It might be a bug in autobuilder
I am filling a bug report on this - https://bugs.gentoo.org/931947
lemmeliloff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your filing of a bug report on this issue, though I'm not sure what the most effective way to tackle this issue would be as of now other than bringing further awareness of it to a dev maintainer.

In the meantime, I suppose the most practical approach would be choosing either the hardened profile or the nomultilib one and then changing the profile to the hardened-nomultilib profile via eselect. Interestingly enough, you mentioned that it may no longer be supported, however, the profile for this stage3 tarball build can be selected for 23.0, and it is listed as stable. I'm assuming this is simply an oversight, although I would hope for the files to be updated so I could have a completely uniform installation with the stage3 file and the profile on 23.0 merged-usr without having to manually change it via eselect.
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't checked the contents, but if that's the case, I'd just use the stage3-amd64-hardened-nomultilib-openrc archive as-is for the initial installation, and then perform the migration to 23.0 and merging of /usr (if you want that) according to the news item. I'd consider that as a continuation of the installation...
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: