View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am    Post subject: Switching from profile 17.1->23, world build failed Reply with quote

Hi,

My Gentoo uses spit-usr and OpenRC

Followed the instructions given by the news to switch from profile 17.1 to 23 and I am currently at the last step: Building all from ground up:

Command given:
emerge --ask --emptytree @world // answered with 'yes'

Last message:
Code:
>>> Emerging (488 of 2008) sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1::gentoo
>>> Failed to emerge sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1, Log file:
>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1/temp/build.log'
>>> Jobs: 487 of 2008 complete, 1 failed            Load avg: 3.29, 2.40, 3.34

...some lines below I found this:

Code:
../systemd-stable-254.10/meson.build:85: WARNING:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

split-usr mode is going to be removed

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then "thousands of lines" of "stuff"

Last output is this:
Code:
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  136:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 4385:  Called meson-multilib_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2705:  Called multilib-minimal_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2887:  Called multilib_foreach_abi 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 3154:  Called multibuild_foreach_variant '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 2847:  Called _multibuild_run '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 2845:  Called _multilib_multibuild_wrapper 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line  700:  Called multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2881:  Called multilib_src_compile
 *   environment, line 3411:  Called meson_src_compile 'systemd-tmpfiles.standalone' 'man/tmpfiles.d.5' 'man/systemd-tmpfiles.8' 'tmpfiles.d/etc.conf' 'tmpfiles.d/static-nodes-permissions.conf' 'tmpfiles.d/var.conf' 'udevadm' 'systemd-hwdb' 'src/udev/ata_id' 'src/udev/cdrom_id' 'src/udev/fido_id' 'src/udev/mtd_probe' 'src/udev/scsi_id' 'src/udev/udev.pc' 'src/udev/v4l_id' 'man/udev.conf.5' 'man/systemd.link.5' 'man/hwdb.7' 'man/udev.7' 'man/systemd-hwdb.8' 'man/systemd-udevd.service.8' 'man/udevadm.8' 'man/libudev.3' 'man/udev_device_get_syspath.3' 'man/udev_device_has_tag.3' 'man/udev_device_new_from_syspath.3' 'man/udev_enumerate_add_match_subsystem.3' 'man/udev_enumerate_new.3' 'man/udev_enumerate_scan_devices.3' 'man/udev_list_entry.3' 'man/udev_monitor_filter_update.3' 'man/udev_monitor_new_from_netlink.3' 'man/udev_monitor_receive_device.3' 'man/udev_new.3' 'hwdb.d/60-autosuspend-chromiumos.hwdb' 'rules.d/50-udev-default.rules' 'rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules' 'rules.d/64-btrfs.rules' 'udev:shared_library' 'src/libudev/libudev.pc'
 *   environment, line 2773:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "$@" || die "compile failed"

To not spam this forum I will happily send the dumps of different logs if wanted here.

Two questions:
How can I resume the emerge command given above to compile the rest of the packages if this is ok to do despite the issue?
How can I fox that problem with systemd-utils.
Meson version is:
1.4.0r1

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Switching from profile 17.1->23, world build failed Reply with quote

northfrisia wrote:

To not spam this forum I will happily send the dumps of different logs if wanted here.

To not spam the forum, usually the large logs are uploaded somewhere. The output you've posted is irrelevant.

However because it seems you're using an openrc profile with split-usr and emerging systemd-utils I suspect you've chosen the wrong profile. You should select one of those that start with split-usr.

p.s. I've requested your thread to be moved to Portage & Programming as you'll get more help for that kind of issue there.

Best Regards,
Georgi
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

oh!:)
I thought the type of thing I am doing is a kind of installing Gentoo, since I emerge "the whole world" :)
Thanks to moving the thread to the correct place! :)

I am using this profile:
Code:
eselect profile show
Current /etc/portage/make.profile symlink:
  default/linux/amd64/23.0/split-usr/desktop

Where is a good place to put my logs...I don't want to create just another account with my email for that... ?

Best regards,
Northfrisia

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case I think you can just supply the last 20-30 lines above the ones you've already posted, if you keep them. If you don't, emerge --resume and wait for the error to reappear.

Use code tags to paste output in, to preserve formatting and separate it from the rest of the post.

Regarding good places to upload, there are plenty. pastebin, dropbox, dpaste...

Code:
 wgetpaste -S

will give you some of them.

Best Regards,
Georgi
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

...sounds silly ... but I am happy (of some sort), that this problem has happened:
I am learning a lot more than how to fix the problem - Thank You! :)
Never heard of 'wgetpaste -S' before!

Hmmmm....

I restarted with 'emerge --resume' ... and it seems, the process has skipped
systemd-utils, since it has already compiled the next 18 packages...

Will wait what will happen - just in case you will not hear from me in the next
couple of hours....it has to compile 2008 packages in total.

I will report any result here.

Best regards,
Northfrisia
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northfrisia wrote:

Hmmmm....

I restarted with 'emerge --resume' ... and it seems, the process has skipped
systemd-utils, since it has already compiled the next 18 packages...

There are groups of packages that have a common dependency or group of dependencies but have no dependencies between them. Those can be emerged in an arbitrary order and usually that is what happens when you resume a terminated ebuild - emerge recalculates it to make sure there are no dependencies violated and the order changes since some of the packages that participated in the previous order are already emerged and they will no longer influence how the order is constructed.

Wgetpaste is a command you can use to upload small outputs of commands you're running. It'll output a url with the upload.

Best Regards,
Georgi
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

it fails again.

I hope I captured the right span of lines:

Code:
INFO: calculating backend command to run: /usr/bin/ninja -j 10 -l 11.0 -v systemd-tmpfiles.standalone man/tmpfiles.d.5 man/systemd-tmpfiles.8 man/systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service.8 man/systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer.8 man/systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev-early.service.8 man/systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service.8 man/systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service.8 tmpfiles.d/etc.conf tmpfiles.d/static-nodes-permissions.conf tmpfiles.d/var.conf udevadm systemd-hwdb src/udev/ata_id src/udev/cdrom_id src/udev/fido_id src/udev/mtd_probe src/udev/scsi_id src/udev/udev.pc src/udev/v4l_id man/udev.conf.5 man/systemd.link.5 man/hwdb.7 man/udev.7 man/systemd-hwdb.8 man/systemd-udevd.service.8 man/systemd-udevd.8 man/systemd-udevd-control.socket.8 man/systemd-udevd-kernel.socket.8 man/udevadm.8 man/libudev.3 man/udev_device_get_syspath.3 man/udev_device_get_action.3 man/udev_device_get_devnode.3 man/udev_device_get_devnum.3 man/udev_device_get_devpath.3 man/udev_device_get_devtype.3 man/udev_device_get_driver.3 man/udev_device_get_is_initialized.3 man/udev_device_get_parent.3 man/udev_device_get_parent_with_subsystem_devtype.3 man/udev_device_get_subsystem.3 man/udev_device_get_sysname.3 man/udev_device_get_sysnum.3 man/udev_device_get_udev.3 man/udev_device_has_tag.3 man/udev_device_get_current_tags_list_entry.3 man/udev_device_get_devlinks_list_entry.3 man/udev_device_get_properties_list_entry.3 man/udev_device_get_property_value.3 man/udev_device_get_sysattr_list_entry.3 man/udev_device_get_sysattr_value.3 man/udev_device_get_tags_list_entry.3 man/udev_device_has_current_tag.3 man/udev_device_set_sysattr_value.3 man/udev_device_new_from_syspath.3 man/udev_device_new_from_device_id.3 man/udev_device_new_from_devnum.3 man/udev_device_new_from_environment.3 man/udev_device_new_from_subsystem_sysname.3 man/udev_device_ref.3 man/udev_device_unref.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_match_subsystem.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_match_is_initialized.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_match_parent.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_match_property.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_match_sysattr.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_match_sysname.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_match_tag.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_nomatch_subsystem.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_nomatch_sysattr.3 man/udev_enumerate_new.3 man/udev_enumerate_ref.3 man/udev_enumerate_unref.3 man/udev_enumerate_scan_devices.3 man/udev_enumerate_add_syspath.3 man/udev_enumerate_get_list_entry.3 man/udev_enumerate_get_udev.3 man/udev_enumerate_scan_subsystems.3 man/udev_list_entry.3 man/udev_list_entry_get_by_name.3 man/udev_list_entry_get_name.3 man/udev_list_entry_get_next.3 man/udev_list_entry_get_value.3 man/udev_monitor_filter_update.3 man/udev_monitor_filter_add_match_subsystem_devtype.3 man/udev_monitor_filter_add_match_tag.3 man/udev_monitor_filter_remove.3 man/udev_monitor_new_from_netlink.3 man/udev_monitor_ref.3 man/udev_monitor_unref.3 man/udev_monitor_receive_device.3 man/udev_monitor_enable_receiving.3 man/udev_monitor_get_fd.3 man/udev_monitor_get_udev.3 man/udev_monitor_set_receive_buffer_size.3 man/udev_new.3 man/udev_ref.3 man/udev_unref.3 hwdb.d/60-autosuspend-chromiumos.hwdb rules.d/50-udev-default.rules rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules rules.d/64-btrfs.rules libudev.so.1.7.7 src/libudev/libudev.pc
 * ERROR: sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   compile failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  136:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 4385:  Called meson-multilib_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2705:  Called multilib-minimal_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2887:  Called multilib_foreach_abi 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 3154:  Called multibuild_foreach_variant '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 2847:  Called _multibuild_run '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 2845:  Called _multilib_multibuild_wrapper 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line  700:  Called multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2881:  Called multilib_src_compile
 *   environment, line 3411:  Called meson_src_compile 'systemd-tmpfiles.standalone' 'man/tmpfiles.d.5' 'man/systemd-tmpfiles.8' 'tmpfiles.d/etc.conf' 'tmpfiles.d/static-nodes-permissions.conf' 'tmpfiles.d/var.conf' 'udevadm' 'systemd-hwdb' 'src/udev/ata_id' 'src/udev/cdrom_id' 'src/udev/fido_id' 'src/udev/mtd_probe' 'src/udev/scsi_id' 'src/udev/udev.pc' 'src/udev/v4l_id' 'man/udev.conf.5' 'man/systemd.link.5' 'man/hwdb.7' 'man/udev.7' 'man/systemd-hwdb.8' 'man/systemd-udevd.service.8' 'man/udevadm.8' 'man/libudev.3' 'man/udev_device_get_syspath.3' 'man/udev_device_has_tag.3' 'man/udev_device_new_from_syspath.3' 'man/udev_enumerate_add_match_subsystem.3' 'man/udev_enumerate_new.3' 'man/udev_enumerate_scan_devices.3' 'man/udev_list_entry.3' 'man/udev_monitor_filter_update.3' 'man/udev_monitor_new_from_netlink.3' 'man/udev_monitor_receive_device.3' 'man/udev_new.3' 'hwdb.d/60-autosuspend-chromiumos.hwdb' 'rules.d/50-udev-default.rules' 'rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules' 'rules.d/64-btrfs.rules' 'udev:shared_library' 'src/libudev/libudev.pc'
 *   environment, line 2773:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "$@" || die "compile failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1/work/systemd-stable-254.10-abi_x86_64.amd64'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-utils-254.10-r1/work/systemd-stable-254.10'

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
[1]    29562 exit 1     ionice -c 3 nice -n 5 emerge --resume

Kind regards,
Northfrisia
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's not enough at all. this is just a single line that contains no error message. Better try to upload the build.log somewhere. For example https://bpa.st/

Also you can include the outputs of:

Code:
emerge --info

Code:
emerge -pv systemd-utils

Code:
eselect profile list

Best Regards,
Georgi

Last edited by logrusx on Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the files/logs:

...Damn...again....
Got this error:

413 Request Entity Too Large

I set the filetype to "Text only" and got for the environment file alone this now:

Highlighted text exceeds size limit (512 kB)

Will try again....moment please....or a couple of moments....it depends....

Kind regards,
Northfrisia
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a few commands to my previous post. Sorry, I don't know which are the services that'll accept such large input. Try dpaste.com. It says it has a limitation of 1 mil characters, I hope it's enough.

Best Regards,
Georgi
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, tried another service.

For the environment file
https://0x0.st/XsFg.txt

For the build.log
https://0x0.st/XsFl.log

For the output of emerge --info
https://0x0.st/XsFU.info.txt

And for the output of emerge -pqv
https://0x0.st/XsFG.pqv.txt

PS: The output of eselect profile list
https://0x0.st/XsFd.list.txt

If anything else is required...I am here in front of my monitor :)

Kind regards,
Northfrisia

PS: It seems we are posting asynchronously :) ;)
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's the relevant output for whoever comes after me, because this issue is beyond me:

Code:
[400/469] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc  -o src/udev/ata_id src/udev/ata_id.p/ata_id_ata_id.c.o -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -fstack-protector -O2 -pipe -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,--start-group src/shared/libsystemd-shared-254.a src/libsystemd/libsystemd_static.a src/basic/libbasic.a src/basic/libbasic-compress.a -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -pthread /usr/lib64/libacl.so /usr/lib64/libblkid.so /usr/lib64/libcap.so /usr/lib/libcrypt.so -ldl /usr/lib64/libkmod.so /usr/lib64/libmount.so -lrt -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections
FAILED: src/udev/ata_id
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc  -o src/udev/ata_id src/udev/ata_id.p/ata_id_ata_id.c.o -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -fstack-protector -O2 -pipe -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,--start-group src/shared/libsystemd-shared-254.a src/libsystemd/libsystemd_static.a src/basic/libbasic.a src/basic/libbasic-compress.a -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -pthread /usr/lib64/libacl.so /usr/lib64/libblkid.so /usr/lib64/libcap.so /usr/lib/libcrypt.so -ldl /usr/lib64/libkmod.so /usr/lib64/libmount.so -lrt -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/12/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libcrypt.so: error adding symbols: file in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
[401/469] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc  -o src/udev/cdrom_id src/udev/cdrom_id.p/cdrom_id_cdrom_id.c.o -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -fstack-protector -O2 -pipe -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,--start-group src/shared/libsystemd-shared-254.a src/libsystemd/libsystemd_static.a src/basic/libbasic.a src/basic/libbasic-compress.a -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -pthread /usr/lib64/libacl.so /usr/lib64/libblkid.so /usr/lib64/libcap.so /usr/lib/libcrypt.so -ldl /usr/lib64/libkmod.so /usr/lib64/libmount.so -lrt -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections
FAILED: src/udev/cdrom_id
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc  -o src/udev/cdrom_id src/udev/cdrom_id.p/cdrom_id_cdrom_id.c.o -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -fstack-protector -O2 -pipe -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,--start-group src/shared/libsystemd-shared-254.a src/libsystemd/libsystemd_static.a src/basic/libbasic.a src/basic/libbasic-compress.a -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -pthread /usr/lib64/libacl.so /usr/lib64/libblkid.so /usr/lib64/libcap.so /usr/lib/libcrypt.so -ldl /usr/lib64/libkmod.so /usr/lib64/libmount.so -lrt -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/12/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libcrypt.so: error adding symbols: file in wrong format
[402/469] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Isrc/libudev/libudev-basic.a.p -Isrc/libudev -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libudev -Isrc/basic -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/basic -Isrc/fundamental -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/fundamental -Isrc/systemd -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/systemd -I. -I../systemd-stable-254.10 -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-bus -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-device -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-event -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-hwdb -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-id128 -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-journal -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-netlink -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-network -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libsystemd/sd-resolve -Isrc/shared -I../systemd-stable-254.10/src/shared -fdiagnostics-color=always -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Winvalid-pch -Wextra -std=gnu11 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-nonnull-compare -Warray-bounds -Warray-bounds=2 -Wdate-time -Wendif-labels -Werror=format=2 -Werror=format-signedness -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=int-conversion -Werror=missing-declarations -Werror=missing-prototypes -Werror=overflow -Werror=override-init -Werror=return-type -Werror=shift-count-overflow -Werror=shift-overflow=2 -Werror=undef -Wfloat-equal -Wimplicit-fallthrough=5 -Winit-self -Wlogical-op -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wmissing-noreturn -Wnested-externs -Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wsuggest-attribute=noreturn -Wunused-function -Wwrite-strings -Wzero-length-bounds -fdiagnostics-show-option -fno-common -fstack-protector -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-unused-result -Werror=shadow -O2 -pipe -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -fvisibility=hidden -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-omit-frame-pointer -include config.h -fvisibility=default -MD -MQ src/libudev/libudev-basic.a.p/libudev-hwdb.c.o -MF src/libudev/libudev-basic.a.p/libudev-hwdb.c.o.d -o src/libudev/libudev-basic.a.p/libudev-hwdb.c.o -c ../systemd-stable-254.10/src/libudev/libudev-hwdb.c
[403/469] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc  -o src/udev/fido_id src/udev/fido_id.p/fido_id_fido_id.c.o src/udev/fido_id.p/fido_id_fido_id_desc.c.o -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -fstack-protector -O2 -pipe -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,--start-group src/shared/libsystemd-shared-254.a src/libsystemd/libsystemd_static.a src/basic/libbasic.a src/basic/libbasic-compress.a -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -pthread /usr/lib64/libacl.so /usr/lib64/libblkid.so /usr/lib64/libcap.so /usr/lib/libcrypt.so -ldl /usr/lib64/libkmod.so /usr/lib64/libmount.so -lrt -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections
FAILED: src/udev/fido_id
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc  -o src/udev/fido_id src/udev/fido_id.p/fido_id_fido_id.c.o src/udev/fido_id.p/fido_id_fido_id_desc.c.o -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -fstack-protector -O2 -pipe -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,--start-group src/shared/libsystemd-shared-254.a src/libsystemd/libsystemd_static.a src/basic/libbasic.a src/basic/libbasic-compress.a -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -pthread /usr/lib64/libacl.so /usr/lib64/libblkid.so /usr/lib64/libcap.so /usr/lib/libcrypt.so -ldl /usr/lib64/libkmod.so /usr/lib64/libmount.so -lrt -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--gc-sections

p.s. this is the type of output to look for when you get an error. It should contain "failed" and/or "error", not including the -Werror and similar options passed to the compiler. Many times you'll see only a report that there was an error at the end of the output but not the error itself, so you have to go back to look for it.

Best Regards,
Georgi
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found something very astonishing:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 218416 2024-03-29 06:10 /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2.0.0

file /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2.0.0

/usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2.0.0: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped

32 bit ???
On a 64bit-only system?
And the lib was created....TODAY!

This is at least a glitch in The Matrix...they have changed something ... RUN! :)

Kind regards,
Northfrisia
pietinger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northfrisia,

had you used a 17.1-NO-Multilib system before switching to 23.0 ?
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's normal. You don't have nomultilib system, there still is some 32bit executable code on it, especially if you have things like wine. The 64bit libraries reside in /usr/lib64.

It's created today because libxcrypt was emerged today.

But that leads me to another possibility: did you read 9. from the migration instructions carefully? There's a line about being careful not to emerge glibc before gcc, did you notice that?

Best Regards,
Georgi
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My system was 64 biit only since I was born ;)

Or more seriously: Yes, my system is no multilib-system.

Yes, I take care or not emergeing glibc together with gcc. I used the nodeps option
to prevent that.

Kind regards,
Northfrisia
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northfrisia wrote:
My system was 64 biit only since I was born ;)

Or more seriously: Yes, my system is no multilib-system.

Yes, I take care or not emergeing glibc together with gcc. I used the nodeps option
to prevent that.

Kind regards,
Northfrisia

Well then, you should have selected 49 from the list you posted, not 46. I guess the confusion comes from the fact that 17.1 profiles were split-usr by default and 23 are merged-usr by default. After all you didn't read it all carefully, it's point 6.

How to clean the 32 bit code - I don't know. I hope pietinger can help you.

Best Regards,
Georgi
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it safe to shutdown the system and reboot tomorrow in case there is no fix available today?
pietinger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northfrisia,

it is possible to use a desktop-profile + a No-Multilib-profile ... you MUST use then a combined profile (I have No-Multilib+Plasma). Please read this post form our great developer @grknight:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8694188.html#8694188

and then look into my (german) post: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8820704.html#8820704

You see my NEW /var/db/repos/local/profiles/no-multilib-plasma/parent ... and yours must be the same - WITHOUT plasma:
Code:
gentoo:default/linux/amd64/23.0/split-usr/desktop
gentoo:arch/amd64/no-multilib

pietinger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northfrisia wrote:
Is it safe to shutdown the system and reboot tomorrow in case there is no fix available today?

NO !!
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently not exactly sure whether I understand all that:

The post by grknight I didn't understand completly - what does he
wants to say with those two blocks of text?

From your german post I understand that I need to do some tweaking in
/var/db/repos/local/profiles/no-multilib/parent

...and then?

Reemerge world?

I think I am totally confused right now...sorry.
pietinger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northfrisia wrote:
[...] I think I am totally confused right now...sorry.

Dont hurry ... you can switch also to the correct No-Multilib-profile NOW:
Code:
  [49]  default/linux/amd64/23.0/split-usr/no-multilib (stable)

and doing your migration to 23.0 ... and then ... LATER ... you read the whole thread (before @grknight's post) ... and you will understand ... in the end you need a combined profile IF you want a desktop-profile added to your (necessary) No-Multilib-profile.

(Sorry I must leave home now).
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile in East Frisia...

After reselecting the -this time- correct profile I started to emerge world again.
First it spits out a lot of USE flags to be set. The it starts compiling (!) and still
compiles. It is now at the 619th package of 1986 packages in total.

systemd-utils has been compiled successfully.

Question:
If the system is still broken a shutdown and reboot later will be harmful.

So...suppose the compilation is successful (or break at minor points...a user land
program could not be compiled for example)....How can I check, that a reboot will
be successful too...?

Best regards,
Northfrisia
pietinger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northfrisia wrote:
[...] If the system is still broken a shutdown and reboot later will be harmful.

I dont think your system is broken now. If a reboot will be harmless or not is not easy to decide, but I guess after ....

northfrisia wrote:
[...] It is now at the 619th package of 1986 packages in total.

... you should be fine - even if your "emerge -e" would abort ... but THEN ...

northfrisia wrote:
[...] So...suppose the compilation is successful (or break at minor points...a user land
program could not be compiled for example) [...]

... you might use this brilliant solution from @Massimo B. =>
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8821469.html#8821469
(so you dont have to start the "emerge -e" again from the beginning).
northfrisia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really brilliant! :)

Thank you all for your patient help !!! One system more saved!

Best regards,
Northfrisia
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: