View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e8root
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject: Low frame rate on X11 with VRR enabled Reply with quote

Here is the issue: with the amdgpu and VariableRefresh enabled not only games or other full screen programs but also my whole desktop runs with adaptive synchronization and it seems to work correctly where it comes to programs drawing things.
That is all good but there is an issue is with mouse cursor - it by itself doesn't cause refreshes to happen.

End effect is very choppy mouse movement. Monitor shows 48Hz but in practice monitor's lowest refresh rate is 48Hz so GPU is probably sending at even lower rate.

There is funny workaround: xeyes
All seeing eyes cause refresh on each mouse movement. Not when eyes are covered by window. In fact eyes's irises need to be visible for mouse to be fluent... or in other words eyes need to actually see my mouse for it to work at 160Hz.

I guess there must be some better solution than xeyes seeing my mouse cursor for screen to refresh at correct refresh rate.

Any ideas?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: