View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject: app-office/LibreOffice-7.6.4.1 build failure Reply with quote

Howdy. I have searched the forums and bugs, but came up short on anything that *specifically* matched this build error I have been getting since 7.6.4.1 was marked stable in Portage:

Code:

[build CXX] sal/textenc/convertgb18030.cxx
S=/dev/shm/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.6.4.1/work/libreoffice-7.6.4.1 && I=$S/instdir && W=$S/workdir &&  mkdir -p $W/CxxObject/sal/textenc/
 $W/Dep/CxxObject/sal/textenc/ && cd /dev/shm/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.6.4.1/work/libreoffice-7.6.4.1 && CCACHE_CPP2=1            x86_64-
pc-linux-gnu-clang++ -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -DCPPU_ENV=gcc3 -DLINUX -DNDEBUG -DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DUNIX -DUN
X -DX86_64 -D_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT   -fvisibility=hidden    -Wall -Wno-missing-braces -Wendif-labels -Wextra -Wundef -Wunreachable-code -Wshadow
 -Wunused-macros -Wembedded-directive -finput-charset=UTF-8 -fmessage-length=0 -fno-common -pipe -fstack-protector-strong  -Wdeprecated-copy-dtor
 -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wunused-exception-parameter -Wrange-loop-analysis -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fPIC -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -std=c
++17 -pthread  -march=znver2 -mtune=znver2 -O2 -pipe  -fexceptions    -DLIBO_INTERNAL_ONLY  -c $S/sal/textenc/convertgb18030.cxx -o $W/CxxObject/
sal/textenc/convertgb18030.o  -I$S/include  -I$S/config_host  -I/usr/include
[build CXX] sal/textenc/convertisciidevangari.cxx
ld.lld: error: version script assignment of 'PRIVATE_1.4' to symbol '_ZN3sal13backtrace_getEm' failed: symbol not defined
ld.lld: error: version script assignment of 'GLIBCXX_3.4' to symbol '_ZNSs4_Rep20_S_empty_rep_storageE' failed: symbol not defined
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
distcc[20724] ERROR: compile (null) on localhost failed

Yes, there's a LOT that came before this that I've snipped. I'm hoping there's someone out there that recognizes this failure and can suggest some dependencies that Portage might need to rebuild (boost? glibc?), or some other path.

Code:
emerge --info
output is here: https://bpa.st/DAEIY

Thanks! :)
netfab
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/commit/baddc742c3fe260d20d7924ab134f0fbf179fd85
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

netfab wrote:
Hi,

https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/commit/baddc742c3fe260d20d7924ab134f0fbf179fd85

Thank you! That's an old commit from 2022 - did this fix this issue, or cause it? :D
netfab
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. The error seems the same, maybe an issue was only partly fixed. You should open a bug.
figueroa
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the important part of "eix libreoffice" that does build for me:
Code:
Installed versions:  7.6.4.1^t(05:34:43 PM 02/21/2024)(branding cups dbus gtk mariadb pdfimport -accessibility -base -bluetooth -clang -coinmp -custom-cflags -debug -eds -firebird -googledrive -gstreamer -java -kde -ldap -odk -postgres -test -valgrind -vulkan LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="-nlpsolver -scripting-beanshell -scripting-javascript -wiki-publisher" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_11 -python3_10 -python3_12")

LibreOffice can be touchy. I have two ideas for trial-and-error until it builds for you.
1. Reduce the LibreOffice USE flags to just those that are important to you.
2. Reduce the number of jobs in MAKEOPTS="-j12 -l15" and EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs 12 --keep-going --load-average 15" (from /etc/portage/make.conf). My settings are:
Code:
MAKEOPTS="-j8 -l5"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=1 --load-average=5 --autounmask=n"

amd64/23.0/split-usr/desktop (stable), OpenRC, -systemd -pulseaudio -uefi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: