View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saito
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: x11-wm/dwm failed to launch terminal by default key binding Reply with quote

Gentoo colleagues,

I have just upgraded the system without apparent issue, but the default key binding (shfit+alt+enter) had failed to launch a terminal when I reboot the system. Then I found that the `dwm` had been upgraded into 6.4, the the `termcmd` Key combination `Shift+XK+Enter` of dwm does not work anymore while I can use `startx` to launch the dwm desktop successfully with the sliding wallpapers provided by habak. The dwm of mine has use-flag of "saveconfig` and I have tried to `copy dwm6.3 dwm6.4`(I have backuped the 6.4 one) to test the issue before I dive into the details, while the outcome looks the same, that is `startx` launch the dwm system with high resolution wallpaper slider but the termcmd combination can not launch any terminal no matter alacritty or simple st.

Of course, I have check the static char *termcmd[] = { "alacritty", NULL }; and static char *termcmd[] = { "st", NULL };", which do not work at all., While I found that Gentoo might have removed the "x11-wm/st" ebuild? Really?

Please have me some advice,

Thanks
Saito
saito
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a complement, I can still start the alacritty by `dmenucmd` with `alacritty`. There is a corrupt report about my .zsh_history corrupt. I don't confirm whether they are related.
saito
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird, the zsh_history corrupt report had disappeared ... once I have re-merge the dwm with new config where I add a new *char like termcmd to launch the new terminal in dwm.
Weird...... Close it.

Thanks Anyway.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: