[SOLVED] Cpupower-99999999 linux-*.xz does not exists
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornplayz256
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Cpupower-99999999 linux-*.xz does not exists Reply with quote

Hello, doing an avtdUu after my last problem of avtduU solved, but when it reaches cpupower it cant find linux xz in the distfiles cache but when i look in var cache distfiles the xz is there:
Https://bpa.st/75XQ
here is the emerge --info:
Https://bpa.st/E7CQ
Build log:
Https://bpa.st/XARA

Help is welcome :D :D :D

Last edited by cornplayz256 on Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
cornplayz256
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emerge info link wrong, updating it
Edit: link fixed
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to your build log, the required file is /var/cache/distfiles/linux-..tar.xz. This does not appear to be present in your distfiles listing. You only have versioned Linux tarballs, but do not have one with an empty version number.
cornplayz256
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After doing a sync the packages seems to be now removed from my update.
Edit:nope, package still there, but is it safe to:
unmerge this package to never be seen again
Rename the linux tar xz files in the cache to the one the package tried to use
Which should i do?
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you trying to use a live ebuild from an overlay? The ebuild is not in a good state at the moment. This may be a conflict between the ebuild and a main tree eclass which it uses. Regardless, this needs to be fixed in the ebuild.
cornplayz256
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
Why are you trying to use a live ebuild from an overlay? The ebuild is not in a good state at the moment. This may be a conflict between the ebuild and a main tree eclass which it uses. Regardless, this needs to be fixed in the ebuild.

No i did not chose the live ebuild and i do not know how the hell it got in the update... when i checked the version in unmerge it said 6.4... strange...
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you check "the version in unmerge"? The output from emerge --ask --verbose --depclean sys-power/cpupower would show you the currently installed version. The output in your build log shows the version Portage attempted to install, which failed.
cornplayz256
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
How did you check "the version in unmerge"? The output from emerge --ask --verbose --depclean sys-power/cpupower would show you the currently installed version. The output in your build log shows the version Portage attempted to install, which failed.

It says 6.2 (sorry for the version mismatch in the reply i said which was 6.4 which was wrong)

The dependency was pulled by mate-base/mate-applets which was included in my mate desktop.
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate-base/mate-applets requires sys-power/cpupower, with no version qualifier. A stable or testing version from ::gentoo would suffice. This brings us back to my earlier question: why are you trying to use a live ebuild from an overlay, when a stable ebuild from ::gentoo would suffice? If you do not need to use this version from this overlay, you should not try to use it.
cornplayz256
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
mate-base/mate-applets requires sys-power/cpupower, with no version qualifier. A stable or testing version from ::gentoo would suffice. This brings us back to my earlier question: why are you trying to use a live ebuild from an overlay, when a stable ebuild from ::gentoo would suffice? If you do not need to use this version from this overlay, you should not try to use it.

it seems that this package from the mv overlay (i added this overlay when i was trying to install google earth pro). I removed the overlay and now my upgrade is succeding. Guess i will have to avoid this overlay and will have to find another overlay with google earth...
stefan11111
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornplayz256 wrote:
Hu wrote:

it seems that this package from the mv overlay (i added this overlay when i was trying to install google earth pro). I removed the overlay and now my upgrade is succeding. Guess i will have to avoid this overlay and will have to find another overlay with google earth...

The mv overlay usually has newer versions that ::gentoo.
Mv is on the forums. You can tell him of the problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: