Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Software or service for club management?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goverp
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject: Software or service for club management? Reply with quote

A friend is trying to sort out the membership list of our retirees club. We have an old Google Group, which is used exclusively as a mailing list, but for reasons associated with GDPR we need to set up a new mailing list, and Google Groups seems terminally broken at the moment - trying to "Aceept this invitation" gets a 404 Not Found from Google... It appears Groups is one of the services Google has either forgotten it runs, or wants to get rid of ;-)

Another club I know uses mailchimp, but that doesn't necessarily fit the bill, it's intended for managing mailshots, and we might want more - for example member list and renewal management.

I tried searching for "club management service" and get lots of opportunities to spend monthly sums on gym and personal trainer software, err, no thank you.

Does anyone know of something sensible and free for a small society - probably around 100 members? Could be a cloud service, a bit of Google we've missed, or software the membership secretary could run.

It's probably FaceTok or one of these new-fangled web things, social medium or whatever, never go near them myself.

Thanks for suggestions.

(I think there's an unprofitable gap in the market here ripe for exploitation!)
pingtoo
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have misunderstand your requirement for "membership management" concept. But I think some kind of "groupware" can do what you want. So may be Citadel will do. It is a old BBS styled system. Or the online version uncensored.citadel.org/
Goverp
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might do, I'll take a look. By "membership management", I mean (a) recording who is a member (b) ACID member database transactions (c) sending messages to all members (or for extra stars, named subsets of members - "all members in the crochet circle") (d) receiving and possibly forwarding messages from members to one or (again for extra stars several depending on content/user) more administrators.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: