Keeping Gento up-to-date without rsync
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guerrilla_thought
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Keeping Gento up-to-date without rsync Reply with quote

Hi. I wanted to know if it's possible to emerge -u world without the internet. So far I've printed out the results of emerge -up world. I went to http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/distfiles. But I'm not finding the exact versions I want. The version numbers are there but there are not -r1 -r2 -r3 corresponding to the ones printed by emerge -up world. Any advice?
"He goes to the mirror opens his mouth: and his tongue is an enormous, live centipede, rubbing its legs together and scraping his palate. He'd like to spit it out, but the centipede is part of him."-- Jean Paul Sartre
andrew_j_w
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The -r1, -r2 etc correspond to the different versions of the ebuild. They'll all use the same version of the source, but will do something different with the compilation. They might use some different flags, apply some different patchs...

HTH,
Andrew
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you just want a list containing all the files "emerge -u world" needs, try this:
Code:

FETCHCOMMAND="echo \${URI} >> /tmp/distfiles" emerge -uf world

this will spit out many error messages and in the end you have a list of all the files you need in /tmp/distfiles.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: