Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Account disabled
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
temp_user
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Account disabled Reply with quote

I've had a user account as rsala dating back to 2003. I can no longer log in to it. Reading the faq I surmise that it has most likely been disabled due to lack of posts. I cannot take advantage of the "forgot my password" path because the email account associated with my account is closed.

Is there anyway I can arrange to get my current email account associated with my old account so I can reset the password?
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsala still exists, is activated (good), is not banned (good), and had made posts as recently as 2015. The FAQ item about deleting inactive accounts pertains to users with zero posts, which does not apply here.

Administrators can update the e-mail account on a profile to point it to an address you still control. However, you will need to demonstrate to an administrator's satisfaction that you are the person who registered the older account. This might be done by privately demonstrating knowledge of information only that person should know. Don't post secrets in this thread. :) Details vary. An administrator will likely respond here with more specific guidance. Ideally, you would know the old password and would use it to log in, at which point you could fix the e-mail address yourself. However, from what you wrote it appears that you no longer have that password.
temp_user
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you that is helpful! I thought I remembered the password. That's why I assumed the account was deactivated. I will try a few variations of it, maybe I can get myself in.
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temp_user,

Topic locked. To be continued via email.
Check your email to the address on this account.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: