NetworkManager not starting dnsmasq properly [closed]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow_Fury
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:44 am    Post subject: NetworkManager not starting dnsmasq properly [closed] Reply with quote

I recently decided to move my system to using NetworkManager, instead of netirfc scripts, and that works fine. i also had a dnsmasq local resolver already set up (i wanted to block some specific domains and /etc/hosts wouldn't work due to the ludicrous amount of subdomains), that worked fine as well, the only issue is that i'd manually have to update a file i made that stored the upstream dns address. the issue came when i tried to have NetworkManager control dnsmasq, such that i don't have to manually change the upstream myself.

I set the appropriate key in /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/50-user.conf to enable the dnsmasq plugi, copied the config file, and restarted NetworkManager. it did, indeed start dnsmasq (i had killed it earlier), but it didn't configure it at all. checking the process and it's switches, there were none of the expected ones to set the new config files, nor to enable the dbus connection for NetworkManager to control dnsmasq.

help is appreciated

(if you need the content of a file, feel free to ask for it, and i'll try to make it available.

Last edited by Shadow_Fury on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadow_Fury
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, it works fine after the system restarted
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: