View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saito
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: net-im/zoom failed to start Reply with quote

Hi,
Recently, I tried to emerge zoom on my Gentoo Work Station. When I emerge with the default setting, that is just `emerge -a net-im/zoom`, the error reported:
Client: Breakpad is using Single Client Mode! client fd = -1
/opt/zoom/zoom: symbol lookup error: /opt/zoom/imageformats/libqsvg.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5

I had also test the useflag "-bundled-qt" to emerge net-im/zoom, and the error reported is error 0, and the suggestion of zoom official is to install the official downloads, and which report the previous error, the one without "-bundled-qt".

Please suggest me some idea to fix it.
saito
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I read the gentoo package report that https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/net-im/zoom/qa-report, the latter versions are unstable anymore, it's required to fix it in the future.
the_actuary
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it may sound counter productive in the gentoo ecosystem, I find it useful to have flatpak install dubious-wares like zoom/teams etc rather than portage. It's bloat but often more up to date and doesn't impact normal system use flags.
Plus!
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same issue (error 0 and no UI) with system QT.
However with bundled-qt Zoom starts perfectly.

In regards to tar.xz archive downloaded from official website (5.6.13632.0328): I have the same error (undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5) if I start zoom instead of ZoomLauncher. ZoomLauncher starts succesfuly.
In regards to portage version (5.6.22045.0607), I am not seeing any difference between zoom vs ZoomLauncher. Both work with bundled Qt, and just hang with system QT.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: