How to troubleshoot crashing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prestige787
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: How to troubleshoot crashing Reply with quote

I've encountered a weird issue in my gentoo install that is making it nearly unusable. I'm using sway, and am using the testing repo (~amd64). The first issue I noticed is that in my waybar, the audio does not show up as it used too. Audio does not work at all. If I try to load a youtube video, it will not load. If I open another tab whjle a video is loading, firefox hangs. Firefox also sometimes hangs for seemingly no reason. Even worse though is that when I try to us my terminal emulator, kitty, it hangs very frequently, often while I'm typing, before I can issue a single command. Tty works totally fine, at least as far as I can tell. Is there any error log that I should be looking at here to troubleshoot the issue? Dmesg doesn't seem to have anything of interest. Waybar spits out:

Code:
"[error] media stopped unexpectedly, is it endless?"

But that's always been there.

sway puts out:
Code:

[W][00410.827901] mod.rtkit    | [  module-rtkit.c:  205 translate_error()] RTKit error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown
[W][00410.827942] mod.rtkit    | [  module-rtkit.c:  465 set_nice()] could not set nice-level to -11: No such file or directory
[W][00410.828011] mod.rtkit    | [  module-rtkit.c:  205 translate_error()] RTKit error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown
[E][00410.828114] mod.protocol-native | [module-protocol-:  606 lock_socket()] server 0x5594a1c4f9f0: unable to lock lockfile '/run/user/1000/pipewire-0.lock': Resource temporarily unavailable (maybe another daemon is running)
[E][00410.828134] pw.conf      | [          conf.c:  412 load_module()] 0x5594a1c34640: could not load mandatory module "libpipewire-module-protocol-native": Resource temporarily unavailable
[E][00410.828189] default      | [      pipewire.c:  123 main()] failed to create context: Resource temporarily unavailable

Which mostly has to do with pipewire I think. I can't think of any packages that I recently installed that could be causing trouble. I did, however, do an upgrade, which may be the cause. Any help would be appreciated. I'm starting to think I may start uninstalling packages, but that could take a really long time.

EDIT: running killall pipewire and reloading sway fixes the issue. But, it needs to be run on every boot, I'll look into the errors above more, since it's definitely pipewire that's causing issues.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: