View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Illiander
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: MATE desktop switcher pop-up all displays Reply with quote

I checked Google and there's surprisingly nothing on this (or my google-fu failed spectacularly)

How do I make the MATE desktop switcher popup (the thing that shows up in the middle of the active screen) show on all monitors, instead of just the one with the cursor?
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: MATE desktop switcher pop-up all displays Reply with quote

Illiander wrote:
I checked Google and there's surprisingly nothing on this (or my google-fu failed spectacularly)

How do I make the MATE desktop switcher popup (the thing that shows up in the middle of the active screen) show on all monitors, instead of just the one with the cursor?

i searched all settings with dconf-editor (be careful using this, you'll break things possibly 8O

try using 'ALT+ESC' to cycle windows.

greetings
Illiander
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, ALT+ESC cycles windows, highlighting the window instead of bringing up a little pop-up the way ALT+TAB does.

Does this mean you have a setting to make the CTRL+ALT+<arrow> pop-up show on all screens?
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illiander wrote:
Yep, ALT+ESC cycles windows, highlighting the window instead of bringing up a little pop-up the way ALT+TAB does.

Does this mean you have a setting to make the CTRL+ALT+<arrow> pop-up show on all screens?

nope, it always focus the mouse or primary monitor.
Illiander
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
Illiander wrote:

nope, it always focus the mouse or primary monitor.

So what relevence does this have to my question?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: