View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wemb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Konsole colours Reply with quote

Okay - I've had enough. I've been putting up with this annoyance for years and I can't see really what's going on.

I'm using KDE and Konsole for my day-to-day working. Obviously bash can (or not) provide colours for use with ls and for some reason, Linux has for years defaulted to a particularly awful choice of dark-blue on black for directories in ls.

I know there's different ways to override or disable the colours - on a system-by-system basis. But instead of having to accommodate every single system I ssh into, I'd much rather change the colours that konsole are using... And while I can go in and edit the colour pallette for seemingly everything type of formatting that Konsole presents, the only thing that I can never change - even if there are absolutely nothing in anything remotely like a shade of blue in the konsole settings - is this specific, unreadable dark-blue. Every other damn colour, I can change -just not this unreadble dark-blue. Is there a way to override this in konsole or the desktop manager, rather than reconfiguring bash, etc.?

Thanks
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you can provide a screenshot? Do you mean the blu for the directories?
wemb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Do you can provide a screenshot? Do you mean the blu for the directories?

Yes, the blue for directories.

Not sure what a screen shot can show - if I'm using konsole locally, changing the colour of 'Color 5, intense' changes the colour of directories.

If I ssh into a remote system, changing the colour of Color 5, intense, does nothing. All other colours, for example, the default text colour, the background color, etc. are changeable. Switching, for example, from the 'Blue on Black' theme to 'Solarize' or other themes change all the colours other than the dark-blue directory color.

If I change to the 'green on black' theme, and change every single colour in the profile to bright green or black, every single colour my terminal produces, when ssh'd into a remote system is either green or black. Except for directories. which are still dark blue. And it's the same with all the other themes. Just this dark-blue for directories seems to be 'stuck'.

Thanks
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try different $TERM variables for your host and remote systems, xterm-256color for example is most supported I believe. See if it changes anything. Run tmux on your remote system, does it change anything? Try running other terminal, is it really konsole issue or maybe something else?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: