View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mega_flow
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: flatpak + gdm Reply with quote

Hi
i'm having a problem with launching flatpak apps when using gdm and gnome, on a openrc system
I belief this is a dbus problem when using gdm

when attempt to start a flatpak *.desktop under gnome - gdm ( example Geary ) noting is starting
when using gapplication launch org.gnome.Geary i get this error error sending Activate message to application: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.Geary was not provided by any .service files

but when using this command on a terminal exec /usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 org.gnome.Geary "$@" .Te app work (same command inside the desktop file)
If a use lightdm and gnome , then everything work fine

I look on the EXPORT command and the only difference is this 2 line ar missing when using dgm
Quote:
declare -x DBUS_STARTER_ADDRESS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-YKEwAR2FjE,guid=c26b15d296093b5e355abef360cde01b"
declare -x DBUS_STARTER_BUS_TYPE="session"

declare -x XDG_DATA_DIRS="/home/bjorn/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share:/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share:/usr/share/gdm" ar the same for gdm and lightdm

So what is wrong gdm so i can use desktop files to start a flatpak app ?

I can keep using lightdm but then i wont have a lockscreen under gnome, or i need to find a old gnome-screensaver ebuild
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Plz try
Code:

equery u gdm flatpak
rc-service dbus status
rc-service elogind status
ls /run/user/$USER/app   #####after starting a flatpak app
sudo usermod -aG audio,video $USER ### probably not related but good to have.

P;z make sure both elogind and dbus is running and you have USE="....elogind" in make.conf or in emerge --info
mega_flow
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnome-base/gdm-40.0 USE="branding elogind ipv6 tcpd -accessibility -audit -bluetooth-sound -fprint -plymouth (-selinux) -systemd -test -wayland"
sys-apps/flatpak-1.10.2::gentoo USE="gtk policykit seccomp -doc -introspection -kde -systemd"
dbus and elogind ar running
/run/user/1000/app/org.gnome.Geary is empty
/run/user/1000/.flatpak/2621868081 looks ok
my user is already in audio and video
i'm not sure if this a elogind problem. and if a switch to systemd that te problem will go away

I find this strange that flatpak apps start normal when not using gdm
The Main Man
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent two days trying to have flatpak apps use pulseaudio and produce sound, without elogind pam and policykit, it was a huge pain, I was close, was able to have that working but on condition that I run 'pulseaudio -D' every couple of minutes.
Anyway, I just went back to elogind and it works, trying to say here that I tried various combinations and it doesn't matter if you have elogind use flag on few packages or that it's running, all packages need to have elogind use flag, so make sure it's in the make.conf

I had elogind emerged and running but it wasn't working at all, wouldn't even startx, if some conditions weren't met
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: